Might be worth speaking to DG Autotech?

Are they MOT fail jobs?

Some of them are easy fixes main ones are

Rear and front brake pads and discs

Rear bump stops spilt

Caliper handbrake lever sticking

load compensator valve sized boot damaged

rear axle bushes split

power steering pump leak. Not sure if that means it needs a new one?

alternator belt cracking

anti roll bar drop links boot split

new handbrake cables

2 new tyres

rocker cover gasket leaking

Thats not toooooo bad....

Depends how much you have to throw at the car, and how much you want to keep hold of it!!

Most if not all of that list is just general servicing / wear and tear items...

These cars are now around 20 years old, best to pick and area like brakes and do a complete refurb rather than just constantly fixing stuff.

It depends how much it going cost me I guess :(

PM that list to CrazyDave or nemesis360 (Dave & Graham from DG Auto), see what they come back with?

It depends how much it going cost me I guess :(

PM that list to CrazyDave or nemesis360 (Dave & Graham from DG Auto), see what they come back with?

Or grab you wallet, head to the dealers, collect the bits, and get fitting!!

Most if not all of that list is just general servicing / wear and tear items...

These cars are now around 20 years old, best to pick and area like brakes and do a complete refurb rather than just constantly fixing stuff.

Yeah, what he said :)

And surely better to have been given that list now and not when they appear on a MOT failure sheet (I speak from experience way back in 2005...).

Some might be more urgent than others ie imminent MOT failure, some might be giving you an early heads up on where attention will soon be required.

Certainly brakes and tyres would be first on my list then the rest depending on their level of seriousness.

Don't get paid till the 26th of this month so not got much money to throw at it this month. How much will brakes cost me any good ones to go for?

Some of them are easy fixes main ones are

Rear and front brake pads and discs

Rear bump stops spilt

Caliper handbrake lever sticking

load compensator valve sized boot damaged

rear axle bushes split

power steering pump leak. Not sure if that means it needs a new one?

alternator belt cracking

anti roll bar drop links boot split

new handbrake cables

2 new tyres

rocker cover gasket leaking

Thats wouldn't cost the earth to fix... Brakes all round for OEM stuff isn't too expensive in the grand scheme of things. Alternator belt is a 5 min job with a spanner, power steering leak could be a simple thing like a bad pipe, and if its not i could always flog you my spare pump for a £10 posted! I dunno what price id put on it but i would not expect it to cost more than £500 and like every one else was saying... after 20 years these things will need replacing... :wink:

Yea true just needs more work then I thought :lol: but don't they all. Best get saving then for all this work to be done.

Rear axle bushes & compensator valve need doing hand in hand and I think will push the final bill over Alex's £500 estimate but the bushes might not be in urgent need. There are plenty of C's driving around with knackered bushes out there. In fact I believe my 'new' 8v is one of them :lol:

When getting brake disks done make sure you get the bearings done at the same time. More cost but cost effective in the long run.

Did the garage doing the service not give you an idea of costs when they gave you the list? :cuckoo:

No the guy who runs it was busy at the time and had to rush off. I think the brakes/tryes are the ones to sort first.

Rear axle bushes & compensator valve need doing hand in hand and I think will push the final bill over Alex's £500 estimate but the bushes might not be in urgent need.

Depends on the garage I think... but I know you can get Brand new Powerflex Rear Axle Bushes for £50... OEM ones are £7.50 each and the valve is £30 from VAG (i think :confused4: ) If its much more than £500 then id eat my imaginary Hat :chef:

What brakes should I get?

Whats wrong with the Std ones? Are you wonting to go zooming about in them or do you jut want nice looking ones?

I want ones that work :lol: Should I just get some std ones for gfs or euro car part then? Or should I upgrade to some better one?

For normal daily driving i.e not needing any 'superior' cooling drilled/grooved stuff for upgraded engine or playing on track stuff

Disks - VAG ones :)

Pads - I'm no expert on the different compounds available but I'm sure others will give you some ideas.

Bearings - VAG ones

Main Dealers every time for brakes etc. Pay cheap, pay twice at GSF etc. Stopped using them now, you just end up paying twice and going to the dealers eventually anyway.

Applies even more to bushes and bearings, definitely Main Dealer all the way there...

Edit: Beat me to it Judith!!

I want ones that work :lol: Should I just get some std ones for gfs or euro car part then? Or should I upgrade to some better one?

i like the standard ones to be honest... i don't see the need to invest thousands on bigger brakes. I think you can swap the brakes from a MK 3 over (288mm if i remember correctly) or there are loads of brake kits for Rado's on the net. just google them... But for those your talking upto £1700 just for brakes! http://www.hosesolutions.org.uk/index.p ... ts_id=6122

Stick with the standard brake sizes but get some nice groved disks and paint the calipers. Unless your going track racing and you have upgraded suspension and Very good tyres, the brakes won help you much IMO... but then there are loads of threads out there discussing this very subject