Sign in to follow this  
G60 NUBE

Cam Belt

Hello, Please help I need to know if the G60 8V engine is an interference engine or not (if the pistons hit the valves when the cam belt snaps or becomes loose) as my cam belt went this morning and i need to know weather to check for bent valves. cheers

Rob

my bottom pulley bolt snapped few months ago and didnt do any damage. Does it still feel like it has compression when you push it with it in gear. Only thing to do as well is replace belt and tensioner and hope for best

I hav'nt tried yet as i hav'nt had time but as soon as i can i will get it back together and find out. if your bottom pulley bolt snapped and didnt do any damage then hopefully i will get away with it. Cheers for your reply.

Rob

oh yea. Make sure you change the bottom pulley bolt as well. I read somewhere that they are prone to breaking and it advises to change it when you change cam belt. Hope your as lucky as i was.

Good idea, where is the best place to get a new bottom bolt from? coz I would go for vw but i dont know if they do them. where did you get yours?

i think i got it from euro parts but might have been gsf. I would try them first. Let me know if gsf dont do it and i will find out where i got mine from. Dont go vw they will rip you off.

I have just spoken to GSF and they say they have nothing listed i will try euro car parts and see wot they have got...........

just spoke to other half and she got receipt out. Got new bolt from vw. So after tellin you to not go there i did as i remember now no where else done it. I also changed sprocket as this was slightly damaged. Sorry for sending you on a goose chase. Mark

Thats fine m8 dont worry, I phoned MARTINS ( my local VW dealer) and they can get one in for saturday morning and it will only cost 2.60 so sorted after all, thank you for your help,

Rob