Sign in to follow this  
Dutch24V

New VAG central locking pump not blowing - fixed

I've searched and read all there is on this but I'm still confused.

My pump was overheating and almost burnt out - luckily I removed it before and real damage was done. Before I removed it it was sucking and blowing as it should, but it would take 10 minutes or so before it stopped blowing when I unlocked the car.

So I buy a new one from VW and now it won't blow when the vac line is connected. If I plug the pump in but leave the vac line of it will suck when I "lock" the car and it will blow when I "unlock" the car (via the alarm key fob), but when I connect the vac line it will still suck to lock the car, but it 'will not blow to unlock it anymore. Strange?

I have delocked door handles btw and I do not have the old ones anymore. If my pump was blowing before why doesn't the new one when the vac line is connected?

I don't fancy removing the door cards and water membranes unless really necessary. Any idea on what/where the problem may be?

R,

Paul

I've read that a few others have had the same problem too. It's strange that if I remove the vac line to the pump it works fine (ie. sucks and then blows). If I stop it by blocking the vac point though whilst sucking it will not blow anymore.

I'm going to ask VW to replace the pump tomorrow and go from there. I can't see how it could be a wiring issue though as surely it would never blow if that were the case and connecting/removing the vac line would have no effect.

R,

Paul

Well, just been told by VW that the replacement pump you get now (suffix G) is not exactly the same as the original one and that you have to jump pins 3 & 8 for the pump to actually unlock. If pins 3&8 are not connected it will act as a one way pump only - ie only locking the car.

I'll try over the weekend. Hopefully it'll work, but I'm not convinced!

R,

Paul

Well, just been told by VW that the replacement pump you get now (suffix G) is not exactly the same as the original one and that you have to jump pins 3 & 8 for the pump to actually unlock. If pins 3&8 are not connected it will act as a one way pump only - ie only locking the car.

I'll try over the weekend. Hopefully it'll work, but I'm not convinced!

R,

Paul

Hope it works

Just confirmed this and I can now unlock my car too :)

On the new VAG pumps (suffix G) pins 3 & 8 need to be connected together and then the pump will lock AND unlock the car :clap:

Hope this helps others with a new pump and the same problem.

R,

Paul

glad you got it sorted Paul.

My central locking is a bit slow recently, sometimes I have to press the button 3 times to open it (e.g. open - close - open again).

Anyway, I decided to buy a new central locking pump I saw on ebay. The part number is 357862257 // 357962257. I thought the central locking pump was located in the boot, behind the carpet, near where the petrol comes into the car. The problem is, the pump in there is less than half the size of the new one I got. So I was thinking I'd got the wrong one :( but after reading this post I'm hoping that I've bought a new type :)

Can anyone help?

Trying to post up an image of the new pump here

Corrado%20Central%20Locking%20Pump.JPG