Sign in to follow this  
jmuggali

G60 cooling system tester

Has any one used the pressure tester for the cooling system, I have an ongoing problem (not been running properly for well over 18 months :( ) and would like to use this tester that clips on to the expansion cap, I'm guessing it's a main dealer part but any one know how much it's likely to be , can get down there untill Sat. Thanks James.

Yes its basically a pump which pressurises the cooling system without having to run the car, it shows up any leaks, i think the cheapest kit (blue point) is around £100 but there maybe a cheaper alternative for a vw only.

whereabouts are you located?

:( bit much for a one off.

I'm in the Cardiff area, changed allsorts in the cooling system but it still boils, not straight away some times, done the obviouse checks, head, leaks, fan etc etc. one thing I have notices is that the pipes are really pumped up, not just the normal pressure, and it will spit the water out when it does boil more so when you floor the acelarator.

Cheers James.

have you tried a new cap

Yeh, also new fan switch some new pipes, flushed the system, back flushed it, compression tests, gets better when I change something the goes back :?