wy906

'94 Ice Grey Violet VR6 ***SOLD***

Always good to get help from fellow members! Nice looking car, i really like the lighter colour cars more as well,

AJ

how do the brakes feel? Ive had a set for about a year but not got round to putting them on.

Good stuff!

I had a curious rattling too, which was caused by a cheap GSF serpentine belt. Took ages to diagnose it, but eventually a genuine belt silenced it!

how do the brakes feel? Ive had a set for about a year but not got round to putting them on.

The stopping power has definitely improved..... and it may sound strange but the ‘nose’ doesn’t feel as heavy under heavy-braking. I haven’t upgraded the rear to the 280mm set-up as I’ve been told by many that the ‘improvement vs cost’ isn’t as drastic as the front upgrade.

Bear in mind that I’m comparing the new set-up with new discs and pads (front & rear) against worn discs & worn pads.

I had a curious rattling too, which was caused by a cheap GSF serpentine belt. Took ages to diagnose it, but eventually a genuine belt silenced it!

The engine now sounds like a healthy VR6 should! :D

Good, good!

You're right about the nose feeling less heavy and lethargic with more powerful brakes!

The 280mm rear brakes give more strength and feel to the brakes at low to medium speeds, but obviously the faster you're going, the less work they have to do. They eat the pads quicker too :lol:

Cheers Kev!

Next on the shopping list:

- New auxiliary water pump as mine is toasted

- New tyres cos my budget front tyres are just awful; noisy and bad grip

- Getting the tiny rust patch at the wheel arch sorted

- Getting the front wing dent sorted

- New exhaust; mine is rotten!

Just need to prioritise or win the lottery! :grin:

I really rate the Jetex 2.5" exhaust - https://www.jetex.co.uk/jetex/store/ind ... &catId=423

Aftermarket exhausts are a good way to shift some weight as the standard middle silencer, aka the "suitcase", weighs a huge amount!

Ha, if I won the lottery I would hand the keys of my Corrado to the nearest kid on the street and get myself down to the Porsche dealership :D

I really rate the Jetex 2.5" exhaust - https://www.jetex.co.uk/jetex/store/ind ... &catId=423

Aftermarket exhausts are a good way to shift some weight as the standard middle silencer, aka the "suitcase", weighs a huge amount!

Ha, if I won the lottery I would hand the keys of my Corrado to the nearest kid on the street and get myself down to the Porsche dealership :D

Whereabouts do u live Kev? :D

Whereabouts do u live Kev? :D

I HAVE FIRST DIBS! :lol:

My car's bodywork is far from perfect, but still it's not very nice coming home from work and found this!

4667016542_f576e82e9d.jpg

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Thats a pi55er YK :shock: ,

Still at least its on a panel that you were going to get repainted.

Im so glad i have off street parking too!

I try to be careful on where I park my car... but sometimes there just isn't an option. :(

:bad-words:

Words can't comprehend how annoyed it makes me to see this. And trust me, I've experienced my fair share. Just don't understand how some people can have so little regard for other people's property. :nono:

Arse. That's a PITA. At least it's fairly minor but it pisses me off when other people do that.

^^^^ Cheers for the comments guys.

Just fitted Phillips X-treme; haven't tried them in anger yet. 8)

4676201320_af9dfb2b01_m.jpg

^^^^ Cheers for the comments guys.

Just fitted Phillips X-treme; haven't tried them in anger yet. 8)

4676201320_af9dfb2b01_m.jpg

you should have got some H4 Bi Zenons, i could have fitted them for you.

As youve gone down that route you want to get or make your own headlight loom, that will make as much or more difference than the uprated bulbs.

Beauty of the H4 Bi zenons is they come with their own loom which also feeds through relays direct to the battery 8) .

Hows the car going now?.

Cheers Pete.

I bought some Phillips Extreme AND a loom about 2 months ago, have no idea why I've not fitted them yet tho!?!?? :lol:

As youve gone down that route you want to get or make your own headlight loom, that will make as much or more difference than the uprated bulbs.

Beauty of the H4 Bi zenons is they come with their own loom which also feeds through relays direct to the battery 8) .

Hows the car going now?.

Cheers Pete.

I know.... I was being a cheapskate. :grin: Phillips only cost me £18 from ebay, which is ¼ of the cost of Bi Zenons.

Tried to take short-cut when changing the bulbs (i.e. not removing the headlight units) and failed miserably. Then discovered the screwdriver that I’ve got isn’t long enough to reach the middle screws. :lol: All sorted now.

Car is running beautifully (touch wood touch word). I love it!

Hows the car going now?.

Cheers Pete.

would this bi xenon kit mean you don't have to buy or make a loom? And it reduces The risk of fire? Is this the kind of thing off eBay?:

VW CORRADO (88-96) H4 BI XENON 6000K HID HEADLIGHT KIT

was just gonna get bulbs and fit the fuse to the switch for now but should really uprate the loom or fit one of these xenon kits if they are any good.

zenon kit comes with its own loom which feeds straight from the battery so it does the job of the uprated headlight loom.The fire risk is the headlight switch itself.

Looks like I'll be getting one of these then! Are they easy to fit? And I will sort the parts to fit a fuse to the headlight switch. Wy906...you ordered the jetex yet?

Looks like I'll be getting one of these then! Are they easy to fit? And I will sort the parts to fit a fuse to the headlight switch. Wy906...you ordered the jetex yet?

Not yet. Need saving up! :( You then need the 288mm upgrade and I need zenon kit. Then both get coilovers. Our cars could be twins!

Except your car has leather and mine has cloth so mine is vegetarian. :lol:

Haha. The healthy, low mileage veggy option! Mines had a hard paper round so think I'll be doing chains before suspension and brakes I'm afraid!