Sign in to follow this  
fla

cooling system not coming out completely clean

I've flushed my cooling system before and found after about 1000 miles the coolant is cloudy again. This time i've used a lot of the orange coolant flush from VW. Its shifted a lot of the crud but after about 4 rinses with water i'm still getting grit appearing in the header ie the water is not coming out toally clean. Has anyone else found the same thing? Its just doing my head in a bit, especially after fitting a nice semi-new rad (thanks Chris :wink: ) and header tank.

I'll be rinsing it out again a few more times tomorrow but want to get on with the more 'fun' things like shocks brakes & cams :)

well i flushed and drained it a few more times and it was still a bit cloudy, so it seems you cant really do much about it. If it get crudded up again i'll drain and chuck some caustic in it.

You should eventually be able to get there. For one reason or another I had to change the coolant on my 16v about 10 times in the 4 years I've had it (leaky rad, and various other things that have come and gone) and it's stayed pretty much clean now for the last 8 months or so :)