Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

x-flo g60 progress...

nothing once we have it all sorted ... the bits you will be getting will be direct bolt on bits with no messing about ... just go to get everything looking oe now ... :lol:

From what I've heard about the X-flow engine I wouldn't care if it looked like you had tipped the bits under the bonnet with a wheel barrow. :lol:

Can't wait to see the end result.

Don't want to be stupid here but what's all this x-flow business about? Can someone please tell what this mod is doing to give such high performance figures!!

In basic terms replacing the standard head set up on which the inlet manifold and exhaust manifold are on the same side of the head with one where they are on opposite sides. hence cross flow. the 16v head is a cross flow design.

Now that sounds very expensive and a lot of work...........is it?

Expensive? depends on how you do it... :wink:

Lots of work? Yes! :? :roll:

Worth it? Hell yes! :wink: 8)

The beast is being fettled with day by day. Me and Darren are off to the scrappie tomorrow to find doner parts to hack up rather than paying VAG dealer prices for new kit to hack up (all in the name of development) for the latest stage of the project.

The aim is to make the engine mods accesable to al wallets. We will offer the finished item in packages.

a) X-flow head kit to bolt onto your stock PG/1w bottom end.

b) as above but flowed.

c) as above but with rebuilt stock bottom end

d) x-flow head kit 'Gucci', large CC overbored, forged piston'ed Jobbie.

e) as 'd' but will added as yet undisclosed 'blend of g-werks/pitstop' trickery :lol:

f) as all of the above with added garlic narn and a free flamer kit just so you can impress the local kevins to demonstrate them how much Gee Gee you have.

i'll have the Garlic Naan option then, init! 0X

seriously tho, sounds bloody great!! i take it that the going rate will be POA??

all of these demon mod's are starting to make me dribble..... which is kind of sad really seeing as i still can't afford a supercharger yet.... getting there tho!!! :cry:

i'll have the Garlic Naan option then, init! 0X

seriously tho, sounds bloody great!! i take it that the going rate will be POA??

all of these demon mod's are starting to make me dribble..... which is kind of sad really seeing as i still can't afford a supercharger yet.... getting there tho!!! :cry:

we do have very rough price structures in place for this conversion... we are trying to keep to our origanial plan of building a 280+ bhp crossflo engine without having to beg borrow or steal a kings ransom :lol: all im prepared to say so far is that we VERY happy with it so far.....

We will carry out extensive tests on our 2 million quid engine dyno rig until it is fine tuned........ ..lol, we wish, ..alternatively it will get dropped into appropiate Corrado and raped up and down the A259 by Darren, myself and Liam until we are happy with it... Cannot wait for that day!!!!!

of course with my new data logging wide band attached so we can claim its for testing reasons were having to take it to 3 figure speeds.... :lol: :lol:

I won't be hanging about to answer any questions.. Will be datalogging my little ass outta the way of any curious 'officails' who show interest in our testing sessions.

Good, we have got the alternator brackets made up and positioned, Darren is currently welding up a alloy plenum so we can mock the engine up with throttlebody and fuel rail in position. Picking up the bored out block and 1st of the run of the G60 forged pistons next week so we can crack on with building the 1st engine up and getting it operational.