Donjon

Donjon's classic green storm. Return from yorkshire...

replaced yellow temp sensor and blue temp sensor today......... and it is no better :epicfail: , so i am going to try the sensor in the radiator itself. Also my coolant is blue, is that right? As i am sure i read it should be pink? Anyway back to TPS, is it bad that i am on first name terms with them now? :D

Did a few things i said i was going to do a few months ago! Fitted all red rear lenses with led bulbs and resistors and put on my road legal pressed plates!

Before:

st831193.th.jpg

after:

img0580p.th.jpg

let me know what you think!

I also got a cat 1 alarm fitted, it is a gt 889 and so far is pretty good! I took my car down to the main dealer for diagnostics on my fan problem and they said that it was the switch on the radiator which is faulty. When i replied i had replaced that switch less than a week ago they said it was definately falty and they would fit a new one for free. So i have put a parts warranty claim in at tps and got a new switch, and the dealers are going to fit it thursday. The reason i am letting them fitt it is because i am not convinced that the switch is at fault, and if it doesnt work i can kick up a shitstorm!

Fitted all red rear lenses with led bulbs and resistors and put on my road legal pressed plates!

Mmmmm! I really like the red rears; looks very nice. Have also been thinking about this. Any more detail on what you did (paint/film), what LED's etc? And where did you get the pressed plates?

With the red rears they were painted with lens paint and then laquered. I used the kit that halfords sell with the led indicators and resistors, it was dead easy to wire up tbh. The only thing is the bulbs are abit dull for my liiking so i may have to upgrade them later on. The legal plates i bought at vagfest all you need is your drivers license and 30 quid!

Grrr.... I am not a happy person right now. The switch that the main dealer diagnosed was fitted today. I went to pick the car up and they said it was the switch and it all works fine now. Exept for the small fact that IT IS EXACTLY THE BLOODY SAME! How hard is it to plug the thing in and go "oh theres the problem". I wouldnt have minded so much if they had said that its still not working but no they went and lied to me. Did they think i wouldnt notice? Or are they so stupid they think they have actually fixed it? Fucked off to say the least!

Main dealers are pretty much useless unless they guy used to work on these cars. How do you find the Jetex exhaust?

Yeah i know that now! The thing is i work for a ford main dealer and we would never have done that! The jetex is brilliant though quiet when you pootle around and sounds great when you give it some. :D

the small 5 amp fuse is for the auxillary water pump.my fuse popped put a new in now and its running when ignition is turned on.

i wold try substiting the fan controller with a known good one, as you said you have replaced the temp sensors.

Bit of an update turns out there is carbon monoxide in the water system:-( which can only mean headgasket or crack in the block or head. So it may be new engine time.....

Sorry to hear it :( Neil is breaking a VR so if it is a new engine then have a chat to him.

If i am going to replace the engine then it will have to be a very good one, ie low milage, fsh, chains done that sort of thing. I only want to do this once!

That would be quite tough to find really. But you could try Vege and see if they still have refurbished 2.9's.

Another mini update.. The corrado is now of the road while i try and find a recon engine to put into it. I am running an old vectra as a daily at the mo so i can take my time and fix any more anoying niggles along the way!

New engine maybe for the best. I remember when i viewed it the chains were louder than normal and were probably on the way out anyway. Red rears and plates look nice!

Minor update, bought another rag around car a few months back so the c has been laid up. I am slowly buying new parts for it and it should be ready to roll come spring!

No progress yet then :( be good to get us all together when both our rado's are back on the road!

Nope nothing major done yet! Working on an engine in -1 is not my idea of fun! Plus i dont have to run it through winter this way. You on the road yet?

Nope were both in the same boat :( fingers crossed for next year hey!!! Let me and Sam know when your up and running and we can go to shows together :D

Big update! After months of searching and waiting i finally fond a suitable replacement engine! It has done 27k from new with proof of milage and was in an auto car so hasnt been over reved! Just have to take delivery and wait for it to warm up a bit and im away. :D

enit mate, fully better to have yourself a real car other than one of those peices of crap, let the world know you have no taist.

Their a shocking company with poor customer support and service but their cheap, a company called 'Ecar insurance' is who i am with, cheapest i found but a right ball ache to actually speak to anyone etc...

£900 - valver

Im 22 and i also tbh chose not to get a vr6 as they would kill me more on insurance. All the other quotes i received were around 1200 +, as i payed 1300 for a 1.6 mk2 golf and £900 for a 1.3 mk1 golf i wasnt too fussed paying 9 for my corrado.

All with time mate, if your 21 you picked the wrong car to own unless your parents can sort you out......

Repairs etc...

Tax is a jokes also. like £200 also, then theres the mot - endless.

Running costs arent that bad actually tax is the same as any car over 1.5ltr. Insurance is a bit but if you budget for it then its not a problem. Mpg again not great but not horrific, parts are plentiful for a vr and im in the motor trade so i get them cheap! Its all paid for by me btw, i do hate it when people say "how much that cost your parents then!" my car, my money going into it, i wouldnt have it any other way!