Sign in to follow this  
Lars1974

My 94 twilight violet - VR6

I'll happily be told I am wrong but the colour of your car looks the same as mine which I am told is dark burgandy pearl?????

T

Have you checked the stickers? There should be a sticker in the boot with paint code. Mine also got an orange stick at the front (near airbox) with paint colour.

Mine seems to be a bit 'lighter' than other Ice Grey Violets but the stickers confirmed that it is Ice Grey Violet.

I'll happily be told I am wrong but the colour of your car looks the same as mine which I am told is dark burgandy pearl?????

T

Definitely twilight violet mate same as the missus'

T

Definitely twilight violet mate same as the missus'

It is indeed, DBP is a lot darker and the purples more plum-ish.

Nice car Lars... :wink:

lol - was originally looking at the posting on the old i-phone, just looked at the pics on the computer and it is a diff colour to mine - lol - mine is the DBP. iPhones are good - but evidently not that good!

Apologies for unnecessary debate! :ignore: :ignore:

T

just been to Bristol and back today...nice drive home on the A4

lovely to drive the rado in this weather, windows down and just listen to the engine....

could not be better, just checked the level and all is good! Car run perfect as expected! got 30mpg according to the MFA too... :clap:

thanks for the nice comments

Lars

hi guys,

today the missus and I took another little drive in the VR6...went toward Basingstoke and than Overton and than back via Aldermaston etc...

radoinOverton.jpg

now i just gave the Rado a wash and once its dried and i will give it a quick wax & polish...

thx Lars

just finished a bit waxing and polishing on the Rado - now its reasonably clean again - ready for the coming Rain :shock:

here are a few more pics...I love the shape, color and the entire car when its clean and shiny....(i love it also when its not clean..)

radoclean1.jpg

radoclean2.jpg

radoclean3.jpg

Enjoy

Lars

Looks lovely buddy, ive just bought a twilight violet mk3 and the colour is indeed awesome!

I'll come out of the woodwork as I've got a twilight violet too. For me the colour looks best when the sun is getting low and the light levels are starting to fade it brings out the different flecks in the paint. Looks amazing. It seems theres quite a few admirers of the colour out there. Have you noticed its difficult to get the true colour represented using a digital camera? Sometimes the colour can look more black than TV

Stunning i so want a vr so so bad :notworthy:

i am considering selling it as i may need to get a van or a pickup for the off-road bikes...its in the for sale section too

so if you want a good one with all the engine just been done etc.. let me know