ww-promo

KONI – EIBACH front sitting too high?

Hi. I have done a few searches on here and google but not found any answers as yet, can anybody help? Please.

I have just had a set of Koni-Eibach top adjustable fitted to my L reg VR6 and the front seems to sit at the same height as the standard set. It is also a lot higher than the rear.

This does not seem right, I had the same set up on my old 1.8 valver and that sat a lot lower.

Is there something that the garage may have not done when fitting them to cause this? I have spoken to them since but they don’t know what it could be.

Has anyone experienced this? And/or know how to correct it.

Thanks

ps. I will post a pic tonight.

Hi,

The rear height sits nice, and is lower than the front. But I can get 4 fingers :wink: in between the front tyre and arch. I know you can adjust the rear height a bit, but the setting was not on its lowest, so in theory the rear could go lower [or higher] if needed.

If i increase the height of the rears then I'll be back to a standard ride height which defeats the point really..... :scratch:

eibach claims a lowering of 1 or 1.25 an inch. after 20k miles (6 months) my eibachs have lowered about one finger more if that helps

yes that's what happened to mine. it's not really that front is too high.. the problem is that back is too low. eibach only lowers your car about 2.5cm (1inch?) and that's what the front has lowered down.

you can either use front spring lowering caps or rear dampers with adjustable spring baseplates to sort this, on the 4 cylinder cars the latter is better as lowering caps and eibachs mean the front wishbones are slightly pointing upwards, so better to raise the rear.

My car is doing the same. A good 20mm lower at the back than the front. I also have Eibach Pro springs and Boge Turbo shocks.

Do I need to swap the whole lot out? They were fitted in 2012 and since then I've covered about 5k miles! :(

I'm worried if I spend £800 on KW Coilovers or £600 on Bilstein B12's the problem won't be resolved. A costly experiment!

Edited by MikeVR6

I made the same expensive mistake myself years ago with this set up so swapped them for Koni coilovers not cheap but worth it ...

You think it's this particular setup that doesn't work then?

Can I get away with just replacing springs/shocks or both at the rear to raise the ride?