Sign in to follow this  
Hewes

How do I disassemble the rear light cluster?

Sorry if this thread already exists, but i have searched google and this forum, how do i take apart the entire rear cluster so that i can clean the glass inside and out, the lights seem pretty solid and i don't want to break them cheers,

if the thread already exists could someone please put a link in here please or pm me :)

it's bonded plastic... as far as I know it's not possible to dismantle it without the aid of a hammer, but that kind of defeats the object if you're wanting to use it again... :roll:

I suppose some very careful use of a dremmel may get one into re-usable separate parts, but you'd have to have a much steadier hand than I have... :scrambleup:

oh crap! thats what i thought, i may have to just let them soak in a bowl of soapy water over night then wash them off with plain water, they don't make things easy! cheers

...And then you'll spend the next day or so trying to get the last bit of water out of the corners - been there, done that! :lol: It's the only way though; kitchen towel and patience helps...

dishwasher worked well for me :D then left them in dads greenhouse to get out the last bit of water left in them out

dishwasher worked well for me :D then left them in dads greenhouse to get out the last bit of water left in them out

x2 exactly what i was going to suggest :D