Sign in to follow this  
VWVW

Rear VW badge has lost it chromeness.....

Rear VW badge has lost it chromeness.....

I take it its an obsolete part now...Just wondered what everyone else has done to theirs when this happens.

I ve tried to spray it all black but didnt like the look of it against the other chrome text bits.

Anyone tried to revive it successfully back to chrome or have it painted to match their bodywork colour.

Pictures appreciated to show what you have done also

cheers

Mines colour coded, but even the freshest chrome badges are quite a poor finish. So black, colour code or deletion is increasingly the way forward

They're a PITA!

I bought a nearly new C [4k mls] from a dealer in '95 [sales director's co. car] and got a fresh rear badge under warranty!!

does it have the two prongs to go through the two holes in the panel via the rubber black backing ring which is separate ?

Was it solid at the back of the golf 'vw' and therefore just stuck on with its own self-adhesive backing ? did this completely seal around the edges

would like to know as my newly acquired C's rear badbge was complete and have used primer/etch then chrome spray but looks kinda wrong compared to the v shiny chrome new 'vw' badge i've just put onto the front grill.

needs to look stock esp as previously resprayed v well by previous owner 2-3 yrs ago and its that v nice pearl grey shade :)

thanks

J

The Mk2 Golf rear VW badge isn't an exact fit. The 2 plastic lugs at the back of the badge are much fatter than a C's. Hence you need to file these down before they slot into the C's two holes. Scarlet VR6 fitted one to her car and she says it looks fine but it does sit at slight angle. I've got the badge from the same fleabay dealer but I've yet to fit it - I just know my attempt at filing will fail :( .

not in my experience - was a perfect fit - it is the same part. the only bit that may be different is the rubber part of it. as you say the angle might be wrong, as some (not all) mk2 have an angled badge. just reuse the rubber bit already on the car.....

i've got a spare one knocking about in the garage as in the end i sprayed the old one black as it fits more with the theme of the car

i painted all of mine on the rear black and looks alright on a dark car, i spose it depends what colour your rado is

Thanks for the replies...as I prefer the chrome look. I 'll probably go for the mk2 golf VW badge and just file the 2 plastig lug down like Bullfinch mentioned to make it fit the corrado and just resue the original rubber bits of the corrado like others mentioned to stop it angling. :clap:

Rear VW Badge is all chromed again!!!....Just to add....Yes the two plastic lugs off the Mk2 emblem are a bit fatter but it still goes into the holes in the corrado bodypanel no problem and it will still slid out (so no need to file it down). To stop it sliding out and to fix it in place I ve used double sided number plates adhesives pads I got from halford and it does a very good job.

was this the type you may have bought off eBay as the link put in a previous post ?

looking to replace mine u see so want to make sure before buying one from the guy

J

was this the type you may have bought off eBay as the link put in a previous post ?

looking to replace mine u see so want to make sure before buying one from the guy

J

Yes I bought the one off the ebay link that was on this thread.

well my new 'vw' badge arrived promptly yesterday in the post

fitted the two black 'bung' clips into the rear panel holes and reused the original rubber part and pushed in the new badge

took all of 2 mins

looks back to new now

'jobs a goodun'

thanks to all post on here as the guy at the dealer said ''NLA so dunno what you are gonna do...''

cheers

J

:clap:

well my new 'vw' badge arrived promptly yesterday in the post

fitted the two black 'bung' clips into the rear panel holes and reused the original rubber part and pushed in the new badge

took all of 2 mins

looks back to new now

'jobs a goodun'

thanks to all post on here as the guy at the dealer said ''NLA so dunno what you are gonna do...''

cheers

J

Glad you got yours sorted too...I did not use the two black bung clips supplied as I didnt want to risk snapping the lugs at the back of the badge. Mine was really tight!. So just stuck it on with number pate adhesive.