Sign in to follow this  
V-Dubstar

Blue expansion cap

Ok gonna get round to buying me one of these, but from looking at ETKA they haven't made a revision on the item (Locking Cover - 1H0 121 321 C)

Do they come with the O-ring or should I buy it seperately?

I just asked for a cap from GSF and it happened to be blue (a long time back), don't think they've made the black ones for many many years so highly unlikely you'll get given the wrong one.

Ta mate, gonna get it from VW when I get shed loads of other bits. I assume the O-ring comes with the cap and is not needed seperately?

Yes the o-ring come in the cap, changed mine then did the mk4 header tank conversion.

by the way I see you have got 288 brakes to do, what paint have you used ?

Yes the o-ring come in the cap, changed mine then did the mk4 header tank conversion.

Ta mate. I have indeed, I've gone for Hammerite Smooth. Did a bit of research about it too, as I wasn't sure about the temperature tolerances of the paint. A lot of people have used it and had no problems so that's what I went for. £6-7 from Wilko's or Halfords for a 250ml pot, which is more than enough! :thumb right:

Ta mate. I have indeed, I've gone for Hammerite Smooth. Did a bit of research about it too, as I wasn't sure about the temperature tolerances of the paint. A lot of people have used it and had no problems so that's what I went for. £6-7 from Wilko's or Halfords for a 250ml pot, which is more than enough! :thumb right:[/quote:3b7zew5q]

Cheers mate, I`ll give it a go.