C5 OEM

C5 oem .....great white hope

What were the CO2 readings like? I was amazed at how amazingly clean mine was running- was a pleasant surprise. YOu just don't expect cars of this sort of age to be so clean.

People actually read that part ? I thought it was just there to fill the page up !

Well done that car !

Always a relief! Any advisories? What were the CO2 readings like? I (and the tester!) was amazed at how amazingly clean mine was running- was a pleasant surprise. YOu just don't expect cars of this sort of age to be so clean.

no advisories, tester was spot on..after i made him a brew...lol

Wheels wheels wheels..... trying to find some new wheels but keep coming back to rs`s..!!

Edited by C5 OEM

Can you use the classifieds please Andy? Not really fair to others if you just use your gallery thread to sell stuff when they have to create proper adverts.

Thanks

Can you use the classifieds please Andy? Not really fair to others if you just use your gallery thread to sell stuff when they have to create proper adverts.

Thanks

sorry mate,ammended

You surprised me by selling them Andy. At the end of the day it's your car and you can fit what you want, but as I've said before, you had it right on the money with those fitted. Fit the Borbets for inclement weather and you're all fixed up.

I know it can be a bit of a cliche'. Buy a Mk2, Corrado etc and fit RS's. But there's a reason why they're always in demand and always fitted to the best cars. Because they work, end of.

It's fair to say you've chopped around a bit since then though.

In a good way !

Edited by James.

You surprised me by selling them Andy. At the end of the day it's your car and you can fit what you want, but as I've said before, you had it right on the money with those fitted. Fit the Borbets for inclement weather and you're all fixed up.

I know it can be a bit of a cliche'. Buy a Mk2, Corrado etc and fit RS's. But there's a reason why they're always in demand and always fitted to the best cars. Because they work, end of.

It's fair to say you've chopped around a bit since then though.

In a good way !

I had alot of money tied up in them, people do look at rs`s and think they are played out and common but if people really knew about getting the right model ones with the correct et/fitment and original hardware they would understand the cost involved.

The cheapest set of rs301`s i`ve seen in the last three years went for 1250, they needed tyres...300 at least they needed two new dishes....150 they needed refurbing...300-600 so all in all could easily cost you 2000 if you find the right parts.#

Rs`s suit vw`s end of story and if everyone could afford them they would....end of...lol

I had alot of money tied up in them, people do look at rs`s and think they are played out and common but if people really knew about getting the right model ones with the correct et/fitment and original hardware they would understand the cost involved.

The cheapest set of rs301`s i`ve seen in the last three years went for 1250, they needed tyres...300 at least they needed two new dishes....150 they needed refurbing...300-600 so all in all could easily cost you 2000 if you find the right parts.#

Rs`s suit vw`s end of story and if everyone could afford them they would....end of...lol

Would you seriously spend that sort of money on a set of wheels for the Rado? Or thinking of trying to get a set on a bargain?

And your last line, I could but I wouldn't. Lol.

What about RH ZW1's? They really suit a Corrado and probably the only wheel I'd consider changing RS's for.

So have you placed a request for your old ones back yet ?

they are in storage waiting for me...!!!

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Would you seriously spend that sort of money on a set of wheels for the Rado? Or thinking of trying to get a set on a bargain?

And your last line, I could but I wouldn't. Lol.

Well to be precise they cost £2300..!!!

they are in storage waiting for me...!!!

Well to be precise they cost £2300..!!!

Thought as much.

You went for the budget version then.

Top lad.

Um... no they wouldn't. I can tell you that even if I was ROLLING in money, I wouldn't put RS's on my car! I don't dislike them but I don't love them.

Nah.. Although I do think OSV had everything nailed when it comes to the perfect OEM+ Rado they're still not for me.

And I say that with a set sat next to the car in my garage. :smug:

There are a number of wheels which just look perfect on the Corrado and the majority are 17" splits..