C5 OEM

C5 oem .....great white hope

I noticed the two colours when I was doing mine. What did you use on the manifold as the colour looks right on the money from over here ?

Being the nice person I am I shall share my findings....lol

Hycote vht silver for the manifold.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-HYCOTE-VERY-HIGH-TEMPERATURE-VHT-CAR-SPRAY-PAINT-400ml-BRAKES-CALIPERS-/190616686328?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item2c61a3cef8

And Vw satin silver for the engine cover

Thats the same stuff I put on my manifold but I did the engine cover as well.

How come you used a different colour for the cover Andy?

Thanks Andy. I've already done mine with aluma blast, along with a raft of other parts. But I'm still not convinced it's spot on.

Think I'll try a can and see which I prefer.

Chris L - The two parts are slightly different colours from new. Sad but all the Corrado nerds will spot this.

Thanks Andy. I've already done mine with aluma blast, along with a raft of other parts. But I'm still not convinced it's spot on.

Think I'll try a can and see which I prefer.

Chris L - The two parts are slightly different colours from new. Sad but all the Corrado nerds will spot this.

The manifolds are not painted so ideally just bare cast ally but this is the closest i`ve found and the covers slightly brighter silver

Spot on that Andy, reckon you should put the side strips back on, forget any other alloys and go standard concours!! Need to see it from the side to check the ride height fully but definately better higher.

How do you keep it soo clean i dont understand i clean i spent 12 hours doing mine and it still didnt look no wer near as clean as this does lol ! Joking aside tho this really is a nice car but when you say it could do with another 20 mm do you mean higher or lower ? Either way nice cooradu mate

How do you keep it soo clean i dont understand i clean i spent 12 hours doing mine and it still didnt look no wer near as clean as this does lol ! Joking aside tho this really is a nice car but when you say it could do with another 20 mm do you mean higher or lower ? Either way nice cooradu mate

Higher... trying to find the right height between stock and too low if that makes sense...

As g=far as keeping it clean its just layering the wax protection on...have cleaned/waxed and polished at least 100 times so that now i can just rinse it over and dry it off to look like that

Higher... trying to find the right height between stock and too low if that makes sense...

As g=far as keeping it clean its just layering the wax protection on...have cleaned/waxed and polished at least 100 times so that now i can just rinse it over and dry it off to look like that

Irmt does make sense bud in that case i think that looks spot on not to low bit not monster truck high i think another 20 mm higher would look pretty much standard

Is yours dragon green or classic then im assuming dragon but the cars that shiney in the pics i cant make it out , mines dragon green do you mind sharing what wax your using , iv been using the buff daddy for applications and a product called black light polish and a poor boys sealer

Boring update, suspension covers,wiper motor cover and thermostat cover fitted

Picture053.jpg

Picture052.jpg

Hi Andy

Ive had the wiper motor cover for a while now tried fitting it and it was a really tight fit so didnt bother i assume you have to be a bit more heavy handed with it?

Cheers

Jon

:lol:

Have you been talking to Chris & Dave recently???

S'funny, done in the last 10 days... hmmmm, gonna have to keep an eye on those two. :rolleyes:

Fitted with "proper" adjustment modification. Get those scabs off!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53493[/ATTACH]

Only thing is, the part rubs the underside of the bonnet as it settles, so you haven't finished yet! I bet they didn't sell you these ......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53505[/ATTACH]

-----------------------------------------------------

Update 26/02/12: Cleaned up the film shapes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53509[/ATTACH]

Edited by RW1

Had mine for a few months just never fitted it.

"proper" adjustment modification.....? what you done to it...?

---------- Post added at 1:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:07 PM ----------

Hi Andy

Ive had the wiper motor cover for a while now tried fitting it and it was a really tight fit so didnt bother i assume you have to be a bit more heavy handed with it?

Cheers

Jon

Just unplugged the wiring and slid over..the thermostat cover was a pain,,,!!!!

Hey Andy, is the wiper more cover available from the dealers? Didn't know it existed!

Hey Andy, is the wiper more cover available from the dealers? Didn't know it existed!

yes from the dealers

Velcro pads, fluffy side ones fitted.

Anti-squeek film tape protection pads. Still to finish off with more neatly shaped ones now the prototype shapes are known. Got too cold last week in the garage to do the final cut ones.

When they both contact, the cover rotates into a level position as shown. But no damage to the paintwork on the underside of the bonnet.

Moved the wiper loom a little by re-curving it as front left corner of the cover was causing a foul.

The cover itself... nothing other than to remove the silly foam strips VW supplier had put on.

---------- Post added at 1:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:16 PM ----------

yes from the dealers

Passat part - 3A2 955 128, £7.49 + VAT.

yes from the dealers

Cheers.

Thanks RW1. You planning on making anymore of the protection pads for the bonnet? :)

Edited by Abdul

Just unplugged the wiring and slid over..the thermostat cover was a pain,,,!!!!

Ugh! The wiper motor cover just slips on from the left side in a second.

Thermostat cover... There's a technique of slipping in from the left side pointing down at 40' angle and turning it to horizontal as you feed it in.

A nice flourish there Andy. Once the nice weather (finally) arrives, I think you'll see more interest. The start of the show season should help as well. That usually kick starts peoples car interests off.

Have you seen the indoor classic car show to be held near the Trafford centre ? I missed it last year, but plan to be there this year:

http://www.classicshowsuk.co.uk/carshoweventsinformation/carshow_date.asp?id=336

See if you can get your car in the show.

---------- Post added at 4:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:20 PM ----------

There's a technique of slipping in from the left side pointing down at 40' angle and turning it to horizontal as you feed it in.

Blimey !