Sign in to follow this  
Anton Sobriquet

Headlights abroad

Need to make an emegency trip to Ancona to collect stranded wife.

Anybody know whether I can adjust headlights for driving on the right, or do I need to get those plastic stick-on converters?

Also, any tips re speeding issues etc would be handy. My route will take me through France, Switzerland and Italy:

Calais - St Quentin - Reims - Metz- Strasbourg - Mulhouse - Basel - Luzern - San Gottardo tunnel- Lugano - Milano - Bologna - Ancona

No idea how long it might take but I'd guess 12-16 hours depending on opportunities.

I was hoping I could just fiddle about with thr adjusters when I get there. Better find a Halfords en route.

Yeah, bit of an expedition. Worst of it is I have to do Cambridge - Blackpool - Dover first. I'll end up having done over 2000 miles by the time I get back

either that or they sell them in the shops at the ferry port, i guess it will be the same at the tunnel if thats the way you're going too.

You can just use insulation tape on the correct part of the glass, check your instruction manual.

Unfortunately, the instruction manual is locked away in storage while I'm renovating.

If anyone has theirs to hand or has a good memory, could they please post up the instructions?

Managed to dig out the manual. For future reference, if anyone's interested, just tape over the clear wedge shaped section of the headlight lenses that point to the left. Works a treat and my xenons gave me more than adequate lighting.

Just don't use gaffer tape, as I did. The heat melts the adhesive, which tries to weld itself to the glass and is a c..t to get off! Insulation tape instead, as the man suggested.