Sign in to follow this  
pummer67

speaker options

i want to uprgrade the sound in my car. i have never had to do anything with speakers as all my other cars have been newer and had good sound already.

all i have in my car at moment is standard speakers and my headunit is a kenwood kdc-7070r.

i have been given an alpine amp and was wondering what options i have.

this is the amp i have been given http://www.raysmith.co.uk/alpine-mrp-t2 ... ifier.html

Alpine MRP-T220 Alpine 2/1 Channel Power Car Amplifier

- 140W x 1 RMS 4 Ohms Bridged

- 70W x 2 RMS 2 Ohms

- 50W x 2 RMS 4 Ohms

So basically i want to know what are my best options available using this amp. all suggestions welcome as i have no ideas yet really.

any help greatly appreciated.

mark :D

I've got that amp and use it to power my front speakers, which I have upgraded. The sound quality improved a fair bit.

I did used to use it for my sub, but found it lacked the loudness I wanted, so I bought a bigger amp.

Upgrading the front door pods to Audioscape pods is probably the best way to go, install a decent set of components, amp them up, and job done.

The 5.25" factory speakers really aren't large enough to support a decent bass response.

Have a search for Audioscape on here for some ideas...

I've got that amp and use it to power my front speakers, which I have upgraded. The sound quality improved a fair bit.

I did used to use it for my sub, but found it lacked the loudness I wanted, so I bought a bigger amp.

what have you upgraded your front speakers to? What size sub do you have?

Upgrading the front door pods to Audioscape pods is probably the best way to go, install a decent set of components, amp them up, and job done.

The 5.25" factory speakers really aren't large enough to support a decent bass response.

Have a search for Audioscape on here for some ideas...

ok thanks. Will have a look

what have you upgraded your front speakers to? What size sub do you have?

I got some 6.25"s in Audioscape pods and a 12" Alpine sub.