Wompa

Ragtop

Hi.

My Corrado dont have a sunroof... thats bad!!!

Im thinking of installing a Ragtop.

Thats the easiest way to get some shine on my head and would look way cool on the Corrado.

I can get ahold of a ragtop on the local junkyard from a Polo Openair so its OEM but not for the Corrado.

Any ideas how to do this? There is no structual strength in the roof so it would be easy just to cut and install but what about the mountings for the ragtop?

Any thoughts?

And I dont care if you dont like it! I have asked alot of questions and really dont want to hear your oppinion how the Corrado would look etc, I know that allready!

The things I need to know is the mounting, cutting and installing.

Take care maties!!!

//Thomas

This sounds like an interesting concept...we're contemplating installing a ragtop in my mates old school mini...clearly not the same car but would be interested to see how easy it is to do!

Good luck

Yeah! I would love to complete this... because a Ragtop is nicer than a usuall sunroof because the passengers in the back also get some sun :)

The roof is just a thin sheet of metal so cutting and getting it all fitted cant be hard...

Post some pics when you do start with the mini :notworthy:

there's at least 3 support bars across the non-sunroof roof-skin on the inside, so it's not just a simple sheet of metal....

If you're going to do it, get a Webasto roof... by far the best ragtops out there....

I have just bought my first corrado after selling my caddy , and this is the first big job i want to do! seen american sites doing all shape and sizes and for cheap, but alas the shipping doubles the cost, and the only uk site that sells them, end up working out around the same price, 800! would like to find a manual open air me thinks

http://www.slidingragtops.com/53.html

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/2010/Acura/EL/Ragtops-Sunroofs/

webasto ones are 750 based on a lupo sized ragtop