Sign in to follow this  
demons uk

Edit..G60 engine rebuild.. Tips?

Well,

I've decided to rebuild the engine, I'm pretty sure the car is going to need a head gasket pretty soon as its been giving signs of going for a while now. I'm just looking for anything your guys can think off 'while i'm there'.

I'm pretty sure the VSS need doing so,

Cambelt

Aux Belt

V.S.S.

All gaskets (inlet, exhaust etc + Metal head gasket and new bolts)

oil pump..?

lick of paint

I'm not sure how far to go on the rebuild, also never really touched a bottom end..?

Any tips?

Cheers guys, Pete.

I'll

ummm...

water pump.

Check condition of injector wiring.

check all vac hoses,boost piping.

Maybe do a compression check b4 you tear it all down

Once you have you have it all srtipped down other engine bay parts that look a bit tired will make themselves known to you anyway.Things like old water piping and plastics etc.

^^ true

I keep meaning to buy a compression tester from halfrauds with the trade card, i'll get round to it soon.

Either way i expect i'll need to strip it down, its pumping a serious amount of smoke out and stink, with a crappu idle and sound TBH.

Thikning about moving my GTI out the garage and just slamming this is there, kind of fallen out of love with it and really thinking about picking up a S3 or Alfa GTV 3.0 V6 cup :lol:

'Bloomin Rado's! :mad2:

^^ true

I keep meaning to buy a compression tester from halfrauds with the trade card, i'll get round to it soon.

Either way i expect i'll need to strip it down, its pumping a serious amount of smoke out and stink, with a crappu idle and sound TBH.

Thikning about moving my GTI out the garage and just slamming this is there, kind of fallen out of love with it and really thinking about picking up a S3 or Alfa GTV 3.0 V6 cup :lol:

'Bloomin Rado's! :mad2:

If you need a hand at all I'm preaty much down the road.

Cheers swompy, i'll have a good think about what i want to do.

I know i won't get rid of the car, i've still got my MK2 GTI from when i first started driving tucked away :lol:

If i do decide to venture to something more modern i'll hopefully start to want the 'rado back into one peice, i want to buy a G60 engine and rebuild that one and keep mine on the road for aslong as poss, i'll keep an eye out for an engine...

Just a quick update,

The car destroyed itself afew hours after this thread :lol:

Something inside the engine has definitely destroyed itself, haven't even had the chance to sort anything out on it yet, will be taking the head of at some point though.

Roll on this weekend, imola yellow audi S3 :D

Nah it hasmn't bothered me to much :lol:

Not to expensive really, new engine and whenever I find time to fit it really. Think defo bottom end damage due to a oil pump failure... starts for the moment but a serious death rattle and no response from no. 2. :D

Think im picking up a 02 audi S3 this or nextish weekend so every cloud and all that :bad-words: 8)