Sign in to follow this  
dubweiser

Are any of these right please?

I'm realy forgetfull and can't quite remember what my pipe arrangement was on my mk2, was about 3years ago I put the power rhor on tho, as ya see elsewere in the thread a few people keep mentioning a second pipe.

As for knife edgeing and flowing your throttle bodie perfomanc wise same as the power rhor the difference it makes is minimal, but every little helps, basically you wanna make air get through te throttle bodie easier, knife edgeing the butterfly is self explanitory, but requires a little thought and helps to be careful. Port matching in this case is making were your throttle bodie meets your inlet manifold smooth and obstruction free, basically you get a dremel n file and open up as much of the throttle bodie both sides as possible then work your way through differnt grades of sand paper to gget it all as smooth as possible, I've a half done 16v throttle bodie and I'll soon be doin my second Vr one, maybe I'll do a guide for the wiki.

ive got 2 round ends and 2 pipes coming off on my kr.i had to get 1 pipe welded extra for the tick over thing

Hi erny,yeah a guide for the wiki sounds like a great idea.As you said it,every little helps.

So it sounds like the kr has 2 pipes coming from it and the 9a has only one pipe.But one end is oval and the other round.So i need either one withe an oval and round end or else a little bit of persuasion will be needed.

U haven't got to worry about te shapes of te ends of the pipes, the rubber will stretch and fit any shape, just dip em in boilin water, peice of piss

Hiya mate,yeah thats one of the ones i was looking at.So did it fit the 2l 16v without any problems then?

Still might consider buying one if thats the case.How does it look?

Hiya mate,yeah thats one of the ones i was looking at.So did it fit the 2l 16v without any problems then?

Yea no problems mate, just took all the plastic bits off and gave them a good clean, replaced the section with the powerrohr and hey presto! Jobs a goodn :D

08062010045.jpg[/attachment:yswmrkrz]

Yea no problems mate, just took all the plastic bits off and gave them a good clean, replaced the section with the powerrohr and hey presto! Jobs a goodn :D

08062010045.jpg[/attachment:2acx7z1y]

Does it still have the 2 outlets underneath to connect (I think) the MFA and cold start?

Thanks,

Ian.

didn't really notice mutch difference with the induction noise as iv already removed the snockel and have a pipercross pannel filter, that seemed to make the biggest difference.

i think it has improved the air flow slightly :) and really does make the bay look neater.

the original plpe i had on there was a bit squashed and old so for 17 quid im very pleased!

with the cold start & MFA conections, they go to that black plastic bend between the throttle and the powerrohr.