Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Carbon Fibre Bonnet

There's some wicked stuff bahnbrenner site.....all looks fantastic quality, especially the billet fuel rails :lol:

Turbo conversion for the G60 looks great too and reasonabley priced......

FYI

carbon fibre bonnets and wings - full carbon fibre bonnets and wings to suit vr6 corrado for sale, bonnets £600 and wings £385, doors and tailgates are in the pipeline.

mailto:[email protected] - 07899922242 (Salisbury)

Only a 6Kg weight saving?? I don't think so. have you any idea how much the corrado bonet weighs?!!?

As for spending the money on the engine instead, that's the biggest load of b4lls I've heard all year. Weigh saving is far more effective than engine tuning. You can't do much to the VR6 with £500 except maybe a set of cams or a re-chip.

Oh, and before you lecture me on drag racing and weight saving you might want to take a look at my last project car....

It ran a 13.75. Which, as far as I know, is the fastest normally aspirated VR6 in the country.

so what will you get more performance of doing the cam and chip or fittign a magic cf bonnet, lets be real here pls.... you can always buy yourself a g60 :lol:

Sorry you dont like my bonnets phatvr6, i am guessing from your comments that you have not seen one in the last 6 months at least. My bonnets are made using only carbon fibre, core material and alloy mounting brackets, not one strand of glass fibre goes anywherenear them. They are designed to be a light weight replacement that stands up to being 'used'. Corrado bonnets will be available soon both primered and gloss carbon 500 and 600 pounds respectively. As an idea Mk2 golf bonnets are 3-4 kg depending on spec.

Saw the last one at ED38, and thought that other guy selling them for a similar price was giving a much better quality finish on them. as always, IMO.

I'd like to see one of you rCorrado VR6 ones though if you can send a pic? oh, and it might be worthwhile making them with the dent on te inner rib to clear the schrick manifold. :wink:

God that car is running some serious negative camber :?

Bonnet looks awful imo. It looks like it's just had a metal one put on and awaiting paint....like all the Orions and Ruscorts you see with odd coloured panels.....but if that floats your boat, then fair enough :lol:

there are no inner ribs on the bonnet as it is a full foam core construction. Other bonnets i have seen are a carbon outer skin with a glass fibre substructure. This creates a reasonably light yet brittle structure. The benifit of the foam core full carbon construction is you get an ultralite bonnet with a high tolerence to damage, the down side is it is harder (with out £100000's of equipment) to get a high cosmetic finish without painting but i have overcome this now. Have a look at the grey Rallye in Jan PVW as all the carbon including the bonnet, which i hade painted, i made. You cannot tell the bonnet is not steel without opening or tapping it.

I will have finished the bonnet mould for the late type corrado soon. Drop me an e-mail and i can post picks when i have them. mailto:[email protected]

Alright all,

Well, I believe all they are good for is chopping your body in half when you have a front end accident, but here is a pic of one I have kept for the look of that fantastic front mount.

Cheers,

L

God that car is running some serious negative camber :?

Bonnet looks awful imo. It looks like it's just had a metal one put on and awaiting paint....like all the Orions and Ruscorts you see with odd coloured panels.....but if that floats your boat, then fair enough :lol:

yeah, that car has got to handle like a serious piece of $~!t around a track/ A-road corners with that setup! :crazyeyes:

IMHO if you're gonna go with Carbon bits, paint 'em (there's not much weight in paint!) and go the stealth way... Black carbon on a nicely painted Corrado just makes it look like you can't drive and have hit something/someone recently and haven't had time to sort the paintwork out... :roll: If your car is for shows only, then yeah, I can understand it, but otherwise, it's a road car... what's the point unless you've stripped every last comfort outta the interior?!? :|

p.s. that's a small front mount... wait 'til you see what I've got there! ;)

Here in the US, carbon bonnets are all the rage. Unfortunately, only one company has proven themselves to have the best quality hoods. The weaves are second to none, here at least, and they advertise that hood pins are not needed (important for those of us interested in the sleeper look). Fiber Images is that company. I dont know if you can order directly from Fiber Images, but as someone posted Bahn Brenner Motorsport sells them and on thier website they state that hood pins are not needed. The hood is 650usd, add possibly 100usd for shipping thats 750usd. Since the BPS/USD ratios is 2:1 in your favor that comes out to roughly 375 pound-sterling for you cats. I think thats a great deal. BBM has a history of very good customer service, so I would feel very much at ease if ordering from them.