Sign in to follow this  
sixpotter

Do I take the VR6 down to Newquay..

It is a 328.5 mile trip each way from me which could be a great drive in the freshly bushed VR, thing is it is now sitting quite low on KW's and I wonder whether it would be more sensible to take the GF's 56 plate 1.2 Corsa with AC and use half the petrol, not worry about breaking down etc. Plus whichever car we take is probably going to be parked up in the street on RTTS weekend with p1ssed up people walking past it day and night!

Car has not been serviced for 9 months or had chains or anything done though its been in to Stealth and had some oil leaks fixed, new fuel pump etc and is on 116,000 miles...

Shall I take it, shall I not....Hmmmmmm :shock:

eeeeeeeeeeerrrr YES!

The only difference to normal every day driving is the distance. You still get bad road, speed bump and idiots where ever you normally park and drive it.

Chains will be fine at 116k!

TAKE IT! :D

Plus - how many hours of sitting in the corsa wishing you were in the VR? :lol:

yeah, parking is the only valid excuse there, but just take your time to find somewhere out of the way and you'll be fine!

It is a 328.5 mile trip each way from me which could be a great drive in the freshly bushed VR, thing is it is now sitting quite low on KW's and I wonder whether it would be more sensible to take the GF's 56 plate 1.2 Corsa with AC and use half the petrol, not worry about breaking down etc. Plus whichever car we take is probably going to be parked up in the street on RTTS weekend with p1ssed up people walking past it day and night!

Car has not been serviced for 9 months or had chains or anything done though its been in to Stealth and had some oil leaks fixed, new fuel pump etc and is on 116,000 miles...

TAKE ITTTTTT! :D

Dude, where are u going to be parked, in the camping area or are u not staying at the campsite?

Convincing lot you are!

Not actually going down for the event it is coincidence we booked that weekend in a B&B for some surfing without thinking! Will try and get down to the show and shine event though, as were there :)

So the C will actually be parked outside (or as near as I can get it) to our B&B which is most peoples drunked walk route home from town :eek:

I find the VR6 incredibly great as a mile-eater. Engine is effortless for cruising on motorway. The seats and driving positions are more comfortable than my old car, 51-plate 1.2 Corsa. I can see myself taking the VR6 for some European road trips in (hopefully) near future!

I took my VR from Manchester to Paris and back the weekend before last, didn't miss a beat. I'd highly recommend it for long journeys over a small engined supermini like a Corsa. Fuel consumption wasn't bad either, averaged around 30mpg, and it's dead comfortable as well.

take it, but set off real early or real late, traffic gets bad most weekends in the summer, but particularly bad on RTTS, and i'm paranoid about traffi jams and vr6 temp guages :)

man, i really miss devon and cornwall :(

It is a 328.5 mile trip
I do that a week just getting to work and back!

whether it would be more sensible to take the GF's 56 plate 1.2 Corsa with AC and use half the petrol
Yes of course but where's the fun in being sensible? You did buy a Corrado VR6 after all. Maybe you should have bought ...... :lol:

Car has not had chains and is on 116,000 miles...:
Simply not an issue. This forum is full of scare stories about chains. Mines on 146k on original chains, no excessive noise means I'm not worrying about it. There are even people on here that think a Headlight switch should be changed every three years.....seriously!

Yes, and enjoy! Get those V1s settled in!

I went to Newquay for a long weekend and drove my VR6 , was about 210 miles each way and it didn't miss a beat ! :)

Mine's quite low so just had to be careful over speed bumps, got quite a few admiring glances ! 8)

We took our VR to the Isle of Skye last year, did over a 1000 miles in a week and it was fantastic. Some brilliant roads up there to really stretch the VR's legs on. Just about managed to fit all the camping gear in it too. Was comfortable and relaxing on the cruising motorway bits and fun on the twisty back road stuff.

You've convinced me, I knew it was the right thing to do :D

Lets hope its not too hot as leather does get a bit sticky with no AC in a drak blue C :lol:

You've convinced me, I knew it was the right thing to do :D

Lets hope its not too hot as leather does get a bit sticky with no AC in a drak blue C :lol:

Aye, the one thing thats put me off getting a leather interior... the hot sticky summer sun! :lol:

i just done 500ish miles past weekend to pod and back.. absolutly fine! im take mine to cornwall next year.. thats a 9 hour drive for me..its closer for me to goto france and back!

I never cease to be amazed by people that have younger corrados than me and are then 'afraid' to drive them anywhere :camp: . My 20 year old valver has been to france, luxembourg, germany, belgium, holland etc. and never missed a beat. Look after it and it will look after you. They were meant to be driven, period.

I never cease to be amazed by people that have younger corrados than me and are then 'afraid' to drive them anywhere :camp: . My 20 year old valver has been to france, luxembourg, germany, belgium, holland etc. and never missed a beat. Look after it and it will look after you. They were meant to be driven, period.

Thats because you drive that nice reliable green Honda in your sig :tongue:

Thats because you drive that nice reliable green Honda in your sig :tongue:

It's only the bloody paint I tell theeeee!!! :lol:

my 94 vr6 has just completed a trip to praha and back plus miles round germany and belgium and france....

2400 miles in total no chains have been done nor is there any sign of them needing doing....

didnt miss a beat 34mpg loved it .....oh its running coilovers wound down to the lowest they will go.... il be going to the show and shine on the sunday il look out for ya!.......................in the rado......

my 94 vr6 has just completed a trip to praha and back plus miles round germany and belgium and france....

2400 miles in total no chains have been done nor is there any sign of them needing doing....

didnt miss a beat 34mpg loved it .....oh its running coilovers wound down to the lowest they will go.... il be going to the show and shine on the sunday il look out for ya!.......................in the rado......

See you there then mate :norty: