Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

the 3 F's... Fun Fast and Four-door

and £300/mth to lease... under a company scheme...

Ideas please... don''t know if it has to be diesel yet either...

Open to all marques not just VAG... but HAS to be something that will put a smile on my face every morning, and good to drive...

So hit me up...

Annual mileage - maintained or not - how long is the lease for - how many payments in advance.

£300 per month on a lease doesn't buy much unfortunately

Well it's lease or company car which seems to be Vauxhall Insignia hatch by the looks of the carpark... No experience of these but if the Vectra I had as a hire car for a week once was anything to go by... :gag:

I'm not that "brand bothered" so doesn't have to be VW/Audi... Seat and Skoda look a better option, have found with a quick search an Octavia VRS for sub £300/month... but not sure if that's "maintained"... but then I don't anticipate having it more than 3 years so warranty will cover most stuff? Servicing and "consumables" tyres etc would normally be paid for by me if I was running my own car...

Happy to look outside the VAG group... :ignore:

dont know to be honest but id assume you could get something reasonable for £300a month.

im not suggesting it but one of the lads at work has a fiesta zetec s 1.6 on lease for £175 a month.

vrs??

I think on my employer's maintained scheme a Golf SE TDI is about £330, ditto a Leon TDI, Focus 1.8tdci... and if you go up to about £350 a poorly specified 170 GT-TDI Golf can be had.

you should ask if they do a car allowance instead. a lot of companies used to offer it.

might open up your options a bit.

Yeah the £300 is the allowance we're given in lieu of the Company Insignia...

I might just stretch to a low-spec 1.4 Rocco... but that would be dull... May go and see if I can test drive one of the Turvo/Supercharged Golfs... they should just fall into my bracket... and cheap tax too! :clap:

I might just stretch to a low-spec 1.4 Rocco... but that would be dull... May go and see if I can test drive one of the Turvo/Supercharged Golfs... they should just fall into my bracket... and cheap tax too! :clap:

Frankly if a company Insignia is the alternative why on earth are you even thinking of anything else? That's a nice car. You need to think about this with your head rather than your (petrol fuelled, funloving) heart.

got a real soft spot for the volvo c70 or c30 at the moment. never thought id be saying that 10 years ago! trouble is i think theyre both 2/3 doors. so the s40?s60?

Frankly if a company Insignia is the alternative why on earth are you even thinking of anything else? That's a nice car. You need to think about this with your head rather than your (petrol fuelled, funloving) heart.

I take it they are much omproved over the Vectra's of old... ? The last one of those I drove tried to kill me John... random moment from the TCS decided I did want to turn left into a tree/ditch when accelerating.. missed both but V.scary!

Is the £300 month allowance after tax, if not its more likely to be £230 - 240. Tax on an Insignia likely to be about £100 per month so all in you have a net £330 - 340 to buy and maintain a car.

Been in a similar position myself and I opted out. That was only because the company had no policy on what I had to drive, I bought a G60 and then after that a Passat Syncro - no depreciation to speak of and I made money. If the company stipulate that it has to be under a certain age then it is probably financially better to opt for the company Indignia.

As a tool to do a job the Insignia is superb, I had one for a long weekend and found it pretty impresive once I got over the fact that its a Vauxhall

Thanks for the pointers Andy, but as I'll be "Client facing" I guess I won't get away with anything over 1-2 years old...

Spent the weekend doing the rounds of the "local and not so local VAG dealers here... here are my findings..

VW (Citygate- Chalfont) - Sales guy was an arse, left us twice mid-canversation to see to someone else, talked me out of test driving the Scirocco (because it's Sat and we're busy) which was the car I went in to talk about.. then left us for 20 minutes to "get a deal" on the lease.. so we walked out! Stupid as there were 2 other salesmen just "milling" about... :gag:

VW (Citygate- Watford) - took the receptionist 15 minuts to come and talk to us and see what we wnated... no saleman approached in that time, took brochures and left. :gag:

Skoda - Palmers Watford - Appointment only on Sunday (open 11-4 according to their website though) :gag:

Seat - St Albans - Again, shut even though website said Sunday 10-4 :gag:

Audi- Amersham - in and out in 30 inutes after getting quotes on an 170ps A3 Sport-back Black edition.. test drive booked for next Saturday. :clap:

Seat - Perrys Aylesbury - spent 45 minutes talking to a very nice (probably French or Italian) guy, discounted the Exeo estate as it has less leg room than the Leon! They are trying to see if they can find a Cupra R in group for me to test Drive... :clap:

Mercedes - Aylesbury - Went there as has Skoda sign outside but was servicing only, however a really nice sales guy, and found that I could afford a B/C class without stretching my budget! :shock:

So in sumary, I have no idea how VW sell any cars judging from my experiences... this was mirrored by a friend who went into VW Milton Keyes to get a mk5 GTi, and was ignored twice, so asked the receptionist for directions to the Audi dealers and walked away from there with an equivalent A3...

vw sales at leicester is a fooking joke too. maybe its a common theme.

my mate had £8k in pocket to buy a polo. was ignored for half an hour, then they said someone will be over shortly.

another half hour passed. mate walked over to them waved the cash at them and informed them of his opinion of them (properly funny watching there faces drop)

now has a very tidy seat ibiza and fantastic service all round from them.

glad you are making progress.

VW (Citygate- Chalfont) - Sales guy was an arse, left us twice mid-canversation to see to someone else, talked me out of test driving the Scirocco (because it's Sat and we're busy) which was the car I went in to talk about.. then left us for 20 minutes to "get a deal" on the lease.. so we walked out! Stupid as there were 2 other salesmen just "milling" about... :gag:

Audi- Amersham - in and out in 30 inutes after getting quotes on an 170ps A3 Sport-back Black edition.. test drive booked for next Saturday. :clap:

I've had similar experience from those two in the past (quite a few years ago now). Citygate Chalfont were utterly dire but Audi Amersham seemed very attentive. I really don't rate VW dealers in most cases. A few are ok but most aren't and they seem reluctant to arrange a test drive :cuckoo:

Wayside Vw are the same in mk, went in to buy a mk5 gti, they didnt seem interested so i went straight to audi and bought the a3 - idiots!

With the amount of mk6 Golfs on the roads im not suprised their not being attentive to their customers.

I worked in car sales for a few years and find none of the above surprising, I used to pick up plenty of deals from customers that had been ignored by other dealers.

However on the flip side, I can also appreciate the choice of the saleman that was 'too busy' Saturday is the biggest day sales wise, where you can have some very easy deals walk through the door. As soon as company car schemes/opting out etc get mentioned the deal gets complicated and the buyer is very very unlikely to pull out a deposit. I'd have taken details, put you in with the business manager to discuss figures and arranged a test drive during the week..