Sign in to follow this  
V33DUB

Fuel filler flap open?!?

Ez peeps...

Got to work today, got out and my fuel flap was wide open. Never really had the occasion to check this before other than for filing up, but it does seem really lose when the cars unlocked. It locks on the central locking fine.

What should be stopping the flap.... well 'flapping' about I suppose is the best term I can think of?

Cheers guys

Pull the carpet away from inside the boot and check near the corresponding area to where the filler flap is. Inside there's a sort of reservoir type thing with a pencil jobby pointing forwards and down.

You should be able to slide that back and forth pretty easy as that's what secures the filler flap using the central locking (but you can do it this way by hand).

Other than that, I'd guess the only other thing is the hinge being loose but that should be pretty obvious.

The flap is suppose to be spring loaded so it sounds as if your spring has either broken, fallen out or both. I've never had it happen to me though so can't help with repair advice I'm afraid.

Cheers both. Yes the hinge is loose and no there is no spring. I can tell the thing is a lot looser than it used to be but having not paid any attention to it I have no idea where the spring should be :?

This is mine..

28042010222.jpg

And a pic of one I found on the net...

corradoflap.jpg

I can see the bit missing and you can see the mark on the bar on mine where it once was. It looks welded in on the second pic though. Anyone know how I can get one of these? Is this even the bit I need?

the bit (spring plate) you're missing loops over the bar (where the rust is) and then slots into the slot under the red arrow in this pic... I have no idea if it's available seperately, but you'd get one off a car that's being broken for not a lot... ;)