Sign in to follow this  
mic_VR

Wheel Spacing on standard wheels

Anyone know how thick you can safely go with wheel spacers and sticking with the standard wheels?

Got some 4 pots coming but would like to see if I can keep the standard wheels if possible. Not adverse to getting the arches rolled if it helps.

Cheers

Depends how much you're willing to play with your arches i'd imagine.

I've run a 7 inch wheel at ET5 on the back of my Corrado before with just folding the inner lip and at the front ET10 without doing anything.

Currently I'm running weitec gt shocks & springs, Lowered about 50mm.

Really want to keep the car looking as standard as possible really but upgrading brakes.

Well mine was down around 110mm all round and that didn't scrub so i'd imagine with the right tyre size you can manage.

But i spose difference is mine is a 16v and has the narrower track!

ideally the least spacing the better unless you have hubcentric spacers. ie ones that bolt on and give you a new lip for your wheel to mount to. if not then you wanna keep as much of the lip on the hub for the wheel to locate as possible! otherwise the wheel will be running on the 4/5 bolts only and COULD be baaaaaaaad

TBH I reckon you could get away with at least 20mm all round. Standard are ET43 so ET23 with spacers. Folk can get 9in et25 on the front so a 6.5in wont be a problem. Ive run 8in ET35 on the front with no problems. Best thing to do get a pad and draw it out, worked for me in the past.

TBH I reckon you could get away with at least 20mm all round. Standard are ET43 so ET23 with spacers. Folk can get 9in et25 on the front so a 6.5in wont be a problem. Ive run 8in ET35 on the front with no problems. Best thing to do get a pad and draw it out, worked for me in the past.

This man speaks the truth...

Have you considered getting a set of compomotives in 16s? Will look identical just oem+ish which is what you're going for i guess..

my post meaning i wasnt considering the amount it will push the wheel out. just the wheel on the hub itself! :p