Sign in to follow this  
PeteL

Bumper Re-alignment

Chaps

Quick question.

For my sins I am now on my 4th C, and with every one either one or both of my bumper/s dont line up exactly (Usually they are coming away slightly by the wheels). Probably due to scraping on speedbumps or incorrect fitting in a past life.

This is true for my current one, I wanna remove and re-fit the correctly, ive done a search on how to remove and re-fit them which i great but...

Do i need to replace brackets/bolts or the like to get a perfect fit as they may have been damaged/broken?

Cheers

The round plastic side guides/brackets can get broken, both front and rear.

On the front the metal support bracket(for the side guides) can also get bent if they're clouted hard enough, you might possibly need to straighten this out a bit first.

having this same issue - trying to get the rear bumper aligned and need to get the plastic supports that fit to the body. Anyone know the part numbers for these items? Cant find them myself in ETKA.

car not with me at the moment, so if anyone has a pic of their C with the rear bumper off and how it fixes to the body then that would be awesome!

cheers

it's pretty simple, 2 bolts either side go straight up inside the rear box section under the car, remove these and the rear bumper just slides out (with it's supporting iron)

the covers clip to the iron with an odd tab and wedge system, tabs are part of the bumper skin and can get sheered off in bumps.

the sides slide over the plastic fittings to keep the sides in true with the side of the car/wheel arches, no real room for adjustment.

no. 8 is the four fixing bolts

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfbumper.gif[/attachment:340nbn3d]

this pic is of the front, but shows the wedges I'm on about:

bumpers.gif[/attachment:340nbn3d]

cheers for that, ill see if i can get my head around the wedges thing! but i think its the little corner "plugs" which is what i need as the bumper is not aligned correctly where it meets the rear wheel arch. I just thought there was something that is fixed to the body, which those "plugs" fit into?

ta

H

item 1 on the ETKA screen is the side support, and it's a 191 part so it's shared with the mk2 golf!