Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

Blowing headlights fuses.

Ok have a little issue with the red one. Passenger only main beam wasnt working so checked fuse (once I realsied there was one for either side :brickwall: ) and replaced it. Seemed to work until noticed it wasnt coming home from work. Tried a 15 the 20 amp fuse just to check and both blew as soon as I switched on the headlights.

Will go through everything tomorrow but any suggestions other than the relay's etc to check? Could it be the switch? Im still very green when it comes to the devils work that is wiring.

You haven't had the front grill off recently, have you?

A couple of years ago, when I reassembled the front end after replacing some cooling system parts, one fog light wasnt working at the MOT - he failed it after putting in fuse which blew.

I took grill off and repositioned wires to all lights more carefully and no trouble since. I think a short was going on somewhere.

Well the battery is in the hump so it is modded to a certain extent but I dont think there is an uprated loom.

Ok couldnt see anything, tried a 30amp fuse and it works but Im sure this is not safe. Any suggestions on what it could be?