Sign in to follow this  
jma

Fitting Window Scrapers

Hi

I am trying to fit the window scrapers that fit along the outside of the door (I did not have any fitted I bought the car). I have removed the door cards and the inner window scraper. I have fitted the drivers side but it does not fit tightly against the window (when glass is down its perfect tight against the glass but when the window up there is a gap its getting on my nerves!. I am trying to remove these and the problem is I cant take them off :mad2: :mad2: . Please could anyone advice me on how can I remove these!!!!

Is the gap across the entire length of the window glass?

If it's just in one part then you'll find that the trim has been bent or damaged at some point, normally when it's been fitted... if this is the case then you can try and straighten it but to be honest... best of luck!

To remove gently prize the trim upwards, with the window glass down, from the inside at the door handle end. This is a little tricky and you can damage it quite easily so be as patient as you can. It can seem as if it's been welded on so be careful and don't stretch the part which envelopes the door window frame otherwise GAMEOVER and it'll never sit flush again.

If it's leaving a gap over the entire length then look at the glass fitment within the regulator, it could be that it's had a replacement glass and it's not been refitted correctly in it's guide or onto the regulator.

The window scrapper has a gap in the middle, its quite difficult to get in there. Is there a way to wind the glass past the trim as it is in the way. How do I adjust the window regulater. Cheers

just about to tackle this myself as part of my door rattle refurb! It would be great to get some full instructions from someone who has done these tasks (maybe with photos?) In addition i am going to be replacing the window guide (see here : http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=92594 )

I be happy to take photos when i attempt mine once i have all the info in advance to trying to tackle this task.

Thanks!