Sign in to follow this  
monzablau16v

Replacing Outter Window Guide (535 837 440 A)

Anyone got any tips on how to do this?

I really just need to know if this can be done without removing the door glass? It is the outter seal which the door glass slides up and down in (the channel) and has the little felt insert. Dont wanna fcuk this up as it cost me over 100 notes!!!

cheers!

Part in question is #28 on this diagram

ektaphoto.jpg

Been discussed before but unbolt the glass and drop it down behind the regulator frame into the door. That should be enough clearance to get the strip in.

Don't belt the living daylights out of it with a rubber mallet or you'll deform it, £100 written off! You'll notice the strip is actually very deep, half of it is buried in the door. The "lip" along the length of the deep bit is very critical, it MUST locate into it's slot in the door properly or the strip will never sit right.

That's about all I can advise.... you'll see what I mean when you do it!

cheers,

just wanted to check something, when you say unblot the window --> as far as i can tell my window is bonded to the electric window mech...see my other post here with photos http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=89914#p1063666

so i was going to get a local windscreen repair guy to rebond the runner to the window last week, but then thought that if for some reason i have to remove the glass completly to fit this outter window guide i am buggere, so i have not yet had it rebonded. So are you saying:

1) i need to take off the bond on the other runner as well now

2) then remove the glass completely

3) and then fit this guide seal

4) and then put the glass back in

5) get it rebonded onto both guides

can you clarify please?

thanks again.

the rail bonded to the glass stays where it is!

there's a couple of bolts that attach the rail to the regulator, you can see them through two holes nr the top of the inner door skin if you drop the window a few cm.

ok, so if i have this right, all i need to do is unbolt the two bolts which hold the glass to the regulator and then drop it down. From what i can see it will just let it slide down a few cm... is that right?

I guess i just wind down the window till i can get to the bolts from the holes (marked by the red boxes in this photo)

img4052a.jpg