Sign in to follow this  
jenks

MOT

As im looking for a corrado rite now, I have seen a few with little or no mot.

I was just wondering if the experienced corrado owners could tell me whats the worse a corrado can fail on in its mot? Steering rack,etc?

Has there been any nightmare failures?

Any Info would help! thanx

One of the common ones I have heard is split or similarly damaged brake lines. That seems to come up a LOT.

Not sure on any others though?

id say the most exp things would be...serious rust(rare) , power steering rack, cat/emmisions probs,crackedwindscreen/lamps/abs probs

common probs would be brake lines/hoses , bushes ,tyres,brakes etc...all common stuff

you'd be silly to pay good money for a car with little mot...anyone with any confidense will put a new mot on it

Brake pipes on a car 10 or so years old are going to high on the list of possible failures. As are rear axle bushes and front wishbone bushes. Otherwise most dubs are pretty good at getting thru the test.

I have 4 dubs in my stable at the moment, 91 G60 Golf, 93 Passat, 94 MK3 16V and a 90 driver. The Passat and Driver had to have brake pipes in the last 2 months. I expect the G60 to need them this year too. The MK3 seems ok at the moment.

Gavin

I bought my car with about 3 months MOT, the flexi hoses had already been replaced, but the calipers were sticky, and as a result the pads were worn and the discs warped; the ABS light was on too! It also had a blowing exhaust

I do all my work myself, so TBH all I look for in the car is a good shell....everything else is easily replaced!

I replaced everything except the cv joints and front wheel bearings....so it made the car II bought for £1800 come to more like £5000....but now I have a nice reliatble car.......(should I have said that...)