Sign in to follow this  
tweaked

Vr6 Engine Fault Code Rectification.

Hi all I have done a search and found the definitions of my codes but now I need to fix them, these are the codes:

525: O2 sensor - Lambda?? :scratch:

515: Cam shaft sensor - self explanatory

561: Mixture adabtion exceeded - ??? :shrug:

513: Engine speed sensor G28 - engine was off so no problem there

Thanks in advance for the advice

engine size ? mileage? engine mods

g28 you know about, will chuck a code up not running.

515-cam sensor , if you delete and it keep coming back prob cam sensor or pick up faulty

o2 sensor can be caused by a few things, dribbling injectors, does the engine run smoothly, mileage, has the o2 sensor ever been replaced, should be replaced every 5 years or sooner, they wear/become less responsive as they age,

if it looking old, and the connector and wiring are ok, prob replace the sensor.

mixture adaptation , poss related to o2 sensor fault, is the car chipped and engine mods?

I thought the cam position sensor/ engine speed sensor both show when engine not running?

No. Just 00513.

Also while 00515 is showing, the engine has reverted to limp home mode. Clearing the fault code puts the engine back to normal running untill it oocurs again. You will notice a difference.

As volksworld13 for the lambda. Check wiring at the back of the offside of the engine for aging/break (particularly at the connector) due to heat. Look at the measuring block value. If frozen, it's not working anymore. It should be oscillating in the VCDS display field. Might be an idea to post what values range you are seeing in the field.

Engine is a vr6, standard as far as i know. 192 000 with full service history so i assume the lamda has been changed.

Sometimes the engine isn't smooth but 99% of the time its ok.