Sign in to follow this  
VR6 Lee

2nd car insurance

Looking at getting a rado as a 2nd car and wondering what insurance companys people use.

Can i use my NCB on the 2nd car as it will only be used when the sun is out

I'm insured with Flux, policy is underwritten by Highways Insurance (LV) think a few other people are insured through Chris Knott with the same underwriter.

It's worth asking if you can mirror your NCB, but beware you loose it on one policy then it goes for both!

Just want to get some quotes.. cant be expensive if i limit the mileage plus it wont be used as a daily so hopefulyl cheap :scratch:

I use hic. However my cars not quite 15 years old yet. But they do a classic car policy with up to 7500 miles a year on cars that are 15 years old. And as its a classic car policy theres no no claims bonus on this type of policy. They were quite cheap for me.

i dont think you can use your no claims on 2vehicles. I might be wrong. But when i bought my rado i still had a focus and i couldnt use it on both, im with admiral as they were cheapest for my g60 but that was before i knew about insurance through chris knott on here. Unsure if he will be cheaper as i aint had it a year yet. Mark

what do you pay then on the 2nd car.. if you dont mind me asking

i sold the focus as i couldnt afford to insure either with no no claims. i think certain companys do a multicar policy though where you can insure both cars under same insurance

Im interested in this as well. I dont have an answer other to SORN the Corrado for 12 months :(

Some companies will mirror your ncb accross two cars if one is going to be a sole weekend car,

Any names? :grin:

We can mirror your NCB from your first car as long as you are aged 25+ and claim-free.

You didnt (or the nice young lady didnt) tell me that last week LOL

Who do I need to speak to Tim?

Thanks

Matt