Sign in to follow this  
yacobwood

Corrado scrappage scheme

Was in VW Stafford today and he told me there was a Corrado not long back traded in the scrappage scheme. He said he wanted to get parts off it but wasnt allowed to touch it.

Seems a shame to see a corrado go out like out :(

He said he wanted to get parts off it but wasnt allowed to touch it.

Shows what a load of crap the 'green' element of the scrappage scheme is, it would be much better to use it to keep an old car going than to build one from scratch to save 100gms of CO2 a mile

Was in VW Stafford today and he told me there was a Corrado not long back traded in the scrappage scheme. He said he wanted to get parts off it but wasnt allowed to touch it.

Don't see why he could'nt have had parts off it, the scrappage scheme laws stated the chassis of the vehicle had to be destoryed, the rest of the car is(was) in theory up for grabs. Totally agree though the scrappage scheme was utter :censored: from a green point of view. If anything i'd like to see the rolling road tax come back, any car over 25 years old gets free tax, drivers of older vehicles should get some reward and incentive for keeping older vehicles going and roadworthy. Would'nt apply to rado's though, yet... :D

Wishful thinking, ho hum, sorry to go off topic.

Tom

you need to be licensed breaker to be able to remove and sell the parts! from VW stafford it may go to a local yard keep an eye out in the adds on ebay!

My mate told me about this cos i'm after some interior bits for mine. Absolutely gutted when he told me it can't be touched.

It's in pretty good nick apparently. :mad2:

my VR was driven into an Audi Dealership (not literally) to be scraped in exchange for a shiney new A3

Thankfully forum member 'Pat McCrotch' :wave: who works there saw it roll onto his forecourt....and few weeks later I drove it over to Ireland for keeps :cheers:

Not sure how he managed it in light of above 'hands off' policy :scratch:

my VR was driven into an Audi Dealership (not literally) to be scraped in exchange for a shiney new A3

Thankfully forum member 'Pat McCrotch' :wave: who works there saw it roll onto his forecourt....and few weeks later I drove it over to Ireland for keeps :cheers:

Not sure how he managed it in light of above 'hands off' policy :scratch:

They probably bought it for £2000 rather than scrapping it to get the money

Don't see why he could'nt have had parts off it, the scrappage scheme laws stated the chassis of the vehicle had to be destoryed, the rest of the car is(was) in theory up for grabs. Totally agree though the scrappage scheme was utter :censored: from a green point of view. If anything i'd like to see the rolling road tax come back, any car over 25 years old gets free tax, drivers of older vehicles should get some reward and incentive for keeping older vehicles going and roadworthy. Would'nt apply to rado's though, yet... :D

Wishful thinking, ho hum, sorry to go off topic.

Tom

Well here's a thought. Back in 1997 Gordon Brown changed the rules so that only cars registered before 1973 could qualify for free road tax, and then the sonofabitch locked the year in so it didn't advance.

13 years on, if the rolling elelment had been left in place, cars manufactured in 1986 would have become eligible, and we'd only be a couple of years away from free road tax for the earliest Corrados. :cry:

We had an M reg VR6 come in on the scrappage scheme.

Really clean showing 102k on the clock.

I've done my damnedest to make sure it doesn't go to waste by selling as much as possible.

All major components have gone to good homes now and as such I feel a little better

not as good as having it sat on my drive though… :-(