Sign in to follow this  
A5 VRX

Things we do!

Well going to lok at yet another Corrado today and lets just hope this ones a good one! Its down in East London and seems its going to be a nightmare getting there as i'm going on the train/bus! Hate having no car! Leave from Derby, change at Brum down to London Euston, from there to Kings Cross and from Kings Cross on to Mile End tube station, sounds straight forward enough :shock: I always say though (same as most people) that you can spend all day on the phone talking about the car but you dont know unless you see it hence the journey for maybe nothing!

Oh well, all in all a 5 hour journey but needs must!

AJ

Good luck Adam, agreed ALWAYS best to see the car before commiting no matter how far it is, within reason of course.

Maybe we'll see you at the next east mids gathering.

We did a similar trip 2 years back looking for a Nugget 16v. Drove down the m1, tube at somewhere (think it was Harrow). Tube had work going on so had to use a replacement bus service halfway through the journey. Finished up at London Bridge station to meet the guy with the car across the road.

Kip could tell from 50 feet away it was no good. :(

Traipsed all the way back and all this on the hottest day of the year, the end of May bank holiday.

Good luck with your journey and fingers crossed the car is a good un.

Thats sounds aweful Butterfly! People just really aren't that honest about the cars at all! Well car was quite good (for the money i was paying) there was a few little bits that i had him about but the biggest thing was the brekes :shock: :shock: Jesus! The thing just juddered then pulled to the left with the tracking that was a mile out! Nevermind deal was done!

Then it was the as per usual wrong way round the M25 for me, 5 1/2 hours driving home!

Dave will try and get convoying down to some things and will hopefully get to a the Midlands meet,

AJ