Sign in to follow this  
KIPVW

Rear brake carriers are they left/right specific???

Thought so too mate as cant really see why they would be different. :salute:

(that was Kip by the way)

Funny you should post this Kip as you might be able to help me out- I am halfway through replacing my rear brakes (shields, bearings, discs, calipers etc) and noticed there are two types of slider on the carrier- one tapers down in three steps and the second has two or three flats on it running the length of the pin- have you (or anyone) got any idea which way round these are supposed to go??

Cheers

I dont mate, the ones i have will have probably been mixed up a long time ago as it's on Judes daily which we are fixing.

I remember having to replace a rear carrier on my VR though about 5 years ago after that siezed and i ended up getting one from a scrap yard so i probably put the pins back in the wrong way round anyway.

It still works fine though so maybe it isn't that critical but i did see a post a year or so ago on here with the correct procedure but i cant see it making that much difference and i know i'll be whacking them in any old way when they come back from being refurbished at bigg red. :wink: