sexybourbon

brembos on the way

thanks erm im not sure really like i say its going in to spray shop next thursday to get the sills done and then after that the wings will get done asweal its hard finding money for paint tho lol always seem to spend it on something else lol

iv recently took the wiper of the bak and will be getting some wheel spacers for it to get a better stance i hope i was going to get the arches rolled but its had previouse work done wich means it cant be done

other than that just a panel filter and hope fully a new exhust although i have had the offer of a 1.8 t but im scared of the costs lol plus its a daily oh and a de cat lol when it gets cut and welded because the shop i got it from sent one to big lol

right so after a year nearly i thaught i could do to start doing this thread again now a bit has happend so here goes and be patient lol my speeling is worse than a childs sometimes haha!

first things i did last year was buy some new wheels and got hold of some keskin kt1's in need of a refurb but i ran these up until christmas until i could take them off then i put my old black ones on that i now hate with a passion for some reason .

when i broke of for christmas on the 21st i started them and i finished them two nights ago lol so quite a while but i wasnt doing them every night

did the dishes first ...... sand sand sand sand flat flat wet and dry wet and dry polish polish polish rub down and primer top coat and 2k laquer x4 and finally done .

so they now look alot better than when i started

next after that i managed to get hold of a storm cream interior i havent got many pics of this tbh its been to dark but i will get some up , it took two days to do and that was everything out and back in even the carpets came out and swapped for a nice good nic black one that got shampood and condtioned befor i put it in

this is the only pic i have at the mo sorry guys and gals

headlining was retrimmed by me and a mate one night after work as i couldnt get it clean enough or find a good nick one so got some matariel and advice of lilfuzzer after meeting him at ccgb meet in the summer

stripped the old cloth off and bought new from dunelm its like fake leather but you cant tell seeing as tho its above your head

i also stripped the interior light and cleaned it all up then sprayed it satin black as i didnt have the money for new black ones

theres a few pics mid stages and complete with all the sunvisors in and everthing i thaught it came out well and still now its not sagged or anything and the black spray is still all good its actually hard to scratch it wich is a bonus

thats about it for now i fitted a few bits and pieces the other day front pads and new injectors and a pas belt , i would have been able to do the back pads asweal but the passenger side is weeping ever so slightly from the piston seal so gonna get a new one ordered soon hopefully

other than that im looking forward to going dow to dg auto this weekend to get my jetex exhaust fitted and the car chipped and set up properly

should be more to come soon ill have forgotten something :?

so iv been to dg autotech weekend just gone to get a full jetex exhaust system wich im really happy with just got to get they new hangers fitted as dave told me it was a right mix and match under there !! i thaught id go to the stealers to get them as they wouldnt be to expensive and for the two middle silencer hangers it was 3.50 each but for the two rear silencers hangers it was 18.50 each lol so i opted for some euro carparts ones instead for 2.50 just have to get them fitted

also had the chip for the 16v whilst there and i have to admit it feels alot better much more responsive when putting your foot down and now actually feels quite quick when you go for it , its definatly not as jerky and lumpy thats for shure

il stick a few pics of the jetex when i have a chance without using the poo i phone

from marshals thread; DG would have checked the mixture when they set it up, how'd you know its running rich?

Just a quick update then removed the old brocked sunroof at weekend and fitted a 1.8 cl passat moonroof from a 94 model it fitted perfect and works brill just didnt have time to put the interior back on lol as it got to late

Il post some pics up again when i have a good camera

Also sprayed the sliding cover that hides the sunroof it came out really well also and i cheekily stole the center sunvisor haha do have to get that up asweal lol

just fitted the new grill i bought on impulse from ebay managed to colour code it yesterday not sure if i like it tbh its a bit marmite i think all comments welcome im sure most will dislike it

also while im here managed to get it through mot wich i was really happy about , it got a few advisorys tho cough cough ...... windscreen wipers lol and a tailgate bulb and worn front wishbone bushes but i already have the powerflex bushes to go in just got to get them done in the next few weeks

and finally got the drivers door lock sorted after it decided to lock shut lol it was a pain in the arse to get open but got there in the end and now have a nice opening and shutting door again , so no more starsky and hutch type entrys and exits haha

anyway thats all for now here is the new grill anyway

so some more updated to log down iv taken a trip down to banded steels to get the arches rolled wich im happy about as its not rubbing any more !

id planned on upgrading the brakes to g60 ones but that flew out the window when rob g60 put his up for sale wich i cant resist so these will hopefully be on the car soon there of a seat ibiza cupra r so im exired to have brakes that work .

also managed to get it through another m.o.t , and have been busy replacing alot of the front end suspension components mostly with genuine vag parts , so the list is powerflexed front wishbones , new drop links ,new antirollbar links , drivers ball joint and tie rod and aslo got all new bolts from the dealers to go with everything that was replaced and the car has been tracked .

it feels so much better now much more responsive and sharper round the bends

dude after reading your comment on that other thread i have had a look through your build, liking all your movements.. on the subject of power gains... have you looked into a SS Fanimold yet? and high lift cams? also iridium spark plugs, IG leads, also a Cold air fed intake? few things to consider.... also maybe i missed it somewhere.. but is this a vr6? i thought it was but saw a reference to u getting a valver chip?

This is my old thread mate for my old bordoux pearl valver , iv had a dragon green vr for about the last 2 1/2 years , ill bump the thread for you so you can look at my current cars thread and carry on in there i suppose where the conversation belongs lol about vr's