Sign in to follow this  
thesingh

Want to buy a Rado.. A little advice please...

Hi all.... To cut a long story short some one has offered a good price for my mk2 Golf 1.3 I can not refuse... I wanted to save up for the Rado but only have a £1000 to spend... Is it worth getting for £1000 rado or less... fix it up and make it into the dream rado iI want... Or shall I get another Golf run about till I save up my £2000 +... ??

I know this has been discussed before but could not find the topic again... if any one has found it... please do post a link...

Thanks...

Depends what you want 8v,16v,g60,vr6? Average seems to be around 2000. I got mine for 1800 and thats a vr6. So probably be valvers for 1000 ish good quality.

Welcome to the forum, depends what you classify as fix it up, if possible try to go for the spec you would want i.e engine colour etc. Its worth waiting for something you want rather than spend money on something you dont really want.

Give this a read. Just a buyers guide and will get u started. Im sure some of the more knolagable owners will answer any question

Linky

o and welcome :wave:

Thank you for the welcome and replies... I want a dark coloured(no greens) 16v / 8v, later the better , nothing older than a H reg.... So it has to meet that criteria... don't really want another golf... When I mean fix up just sorting out little problems I suppose, (new clutch electric) things that can be sorted out in time whiles using it as a daily... That kind of thing ... Thanks for the link... That help me alot...

Welcome aboard mate!

You wont get one much older then H reg :D

To be honest it could be difficult, not IMPOSSIBLE, but difficult to get one for a grand or under which only need bits and bobs fixing on it. If it doesnt just need the odd small thing fixing you could spend as much fixing it up as you did on the car. My advice would be try and save a little bit more, at the very least it will allow you to still spend 1k on a Corrado but give you more cash to fix what ever one you get. Though again i would still urge you to try save a bit more to get the best example you can.

:D

My Corrado cost me well under a grand and has been perfect, late spec, 2.0 16v and not had one proper fault really. They can be found mate its just the luck of the draw. :)

when i buy a classic car like the corrado is now, i only really look for one thing...RUST. mechanicals can be fixed fairly cheaply (obviuosly it helps if the engine and gearbox actually work) but rot is a pain to sort out. Things like sills, arches, fuel filler, rear quarter etc, make the difference to me as welding is time consuming and if you dont weld expensive. If you are a petrol head then things like brakes and bushes will probably be upgraded as you go along anyway so just find the most solid that you can is my suggestion.