Sign in to follow this  
G60 NUBE

G60 running slugish and rich

Hello, I drove my g60 home from work today and it was very sluggish

the charger still seems to be boosting but not having half the power as it did. Any help would be much appreciated as i am unfortunately having to use it as an everyday car at the moment.

Cheers Rob. :(

sounds like a boost leak... check around the boost pipe connections in the engine bay with some soapy water while the engine's running and see if you get bubbles... bubbles = leak = loss of boost = running rich...

If you don't find any leaks, then it could be that the blue temp sensor has died... with the ignition off, swap the blue and black sensor's plugs over, then try driving it... if it's any better and the water temp gauge doesn't work (at all, or just goes full scale), that's your problem, get a new BTS and you're laughing...

Other things it could be are: Charger being unhealthy; lambda sensor having failed; vacuum leak (especially from the pipes at the back of the throttle body); and cam timing having jumped a tooth (when was the cam-belt last changed?)

I have replaced the coolant sensor today but it is still running really lumpy and when I rev it and the chargers working there is loads off black smoke from the exhaust (unburnt fuel) I have a spare lambda sensor so I will replace that tommorow and also check the boost pipes with soapy water.any other possibilities??

could be a few things tbh.

Unburnt fuel could be weak spark or over fueling due to bad info received by the ecu for example bad lambda reading.

Maybe check that the lambda wiring loom plug is in good order and not suffered from heat damage.Maybe think about changing lambda sensor too.

How long ago was last service,ie when were ignition components last over hauled..

etc

Good luck.

I have recently replaced the ht leads,coil,dizzy cap,and spark plugs I have also checked all the pipes to the throttle body and the surrounding area and repaired the ones that have become worn but the problem still persists. I am looking forward to changing the lambda sensor tommorow to see if that makes a difference. I reckon that might be the problem as It is running so rich, still gotta get it to work yet haha. If anyone has any other ideas then they would be much appreciated. Cheers rob

had this problem last week,put new blue/black sensors and lambda sensor but i also reset ecu, all ok now

The G60 ECU is not adaptive so no reset needed.

The ECU relay is 3rd from the left in the top row - 30 or 32, if it's old the change it - same goes for the fuel pump relay

Thanx for everyones input with the running sluggish and rich problem,I have replaced the blue coolant sensor and the lambda sensor and all is well for now, thanx again.. Rob