Sign in to follow this  
C.P

KR oil pressure

I know that when the oil pressure light flashes and the buzzer sounds, the oil pressure is too low.

what does it mean when the light flashes, but with no buzzer?

when engine is OFF but ignition is ON, the light will flash without any sound coming out of it. is it what you meant?

the connection is a bit loose, i'll try putting a kink in the terminal. this was right after i installed new sensors btw.

ahh are you sure the yellow and the blue wires are right way round? that would cause the light to flash

well I'm not entirely sure about that, at the moment, the blue is on the black sensor at the back, and the yellow is on the white at the front. and a blue wire with a yellow stripe is cable tied out of the way, unused. I'll trace the wires back to check for damage.

Theres your problem then. According to this picture you got em wrong way round, swap em round and see what happens

DSC01111.jpg

I'd check oil pressure with a gauge if I were you. I think that low oil pressure isn't something to play with...

get a gauge from ebay if you don't have one

on further research i discovered that the white sensor should be at the back, as you said. and activates the light when the pressure gets below a certain level.

the black/blue/brown one is at the front and activates the buzzer when the pressure is below a certain level when the revs are above 2k.

apparently quite a common problem which is rarely the result of actual pressure drop. More electrical problems/bad connections. Sometimes triggered by different viscosity oils (like in my case, as it happened right after an oil change).

the internet is a wonderful place....