Sign in to follow this  
Steels1875

Meta aftermarket alarm immobiliser

Hello,

I'm having major problems with starting my Corrado and wonder if it may be a fault with the meta system. When starting, engine will catch but then revs will die away immediatly and engine will cut out. I had to call AA who put it on the back of a lorry and took it to a garage, and once there removed it from the lorry and i tried it again and it worked!! It will then start no problem for the rest of the day, however the next morning i had the same problem!! very frustrating!!! any help/advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

It might be the built in VW immobiliser. The "reader coil" around the ignition barrel can go and cause your symptoms.

Mine went last summer. I traced the connection for the coil back to a little plug behind the dash near the headlight switch.

Pulled the plug off, sprayed some contact cleaner around both connections, gave them a good scrub. Reconnected and the problem disappeared.

Search for "reader coil" for more info.