Sign in to follow this  
stretch.

Early and Late electric window buttons

My early 'rado originally came with manual windows, and at some point in it's life had electric windows installed with late corrado window switches (I think...)

These are pretty different plug wise to my early ones that I've just picked up in new doorcards so I'm wondering if anyone had the details of the pin outs for both of the switches?

Thanks.

these are my old switches

2lxbipy.jpg

e99lxw.jpg

there is a wiki for late early switches Ithink. I used one, I tells you witch wires which, I done the swop

thanks man, just had a look though and I could only find one for the mirrors?

Was it in the wiki or on the forum?

Thanks,

I think you have the dealer fitted switches and regulators that are NOt the same as the factory fit early ones.

The problem is you don't have the right loom, the dealer fit windows are permanently live and don't run to a control box, so they have an extra 'live' feed to them as they switch power up/power down separately unlike the wiring to the factory fit ones.

AFAIK the early and late factory system is basically the same (i.e. same control, box and wiring), so the cards and switches can be swapped using the same loom, it's only the dealer fit ones that are the problem :(

to do the job you need a complete elec window loom and control box from another C, or use just the front wiring from a passat, same system, just the control box has two more outputs and switch inputs.

Well, looks like it's time to start hunting down a corrado/passat with factory fitted leccy stuff then...

After stripping back a few wired in the doors it looks as though the majority of the wiring needs to be replaced as it's massively corroded throughout and pretty shabby stuff.

Is there a car wiring diagram anywhere on ekta or similar for the car?

how can you tell differance between dealer and factory fit on early rado's

mines a late 91 as far as i know factory but the switch has 5 pins on each switch and piggy back wires between the switches

if thats factory how do i wire them to new switches

Factory fit should be flush mounted to the door, fairly big switches.

Dealer fit, not even sure if mine was done as I had a bung over the handle winder and then them mounted in the later rado place, but I've seen some with like a standout base from where the window winder would be if that makes sense :S

I did manage to find the wiring diagram drawn ever so nicely by the person who installed my switches though, and it looks to be wired to an ignition live so I hope mines an easy move, as I have oem doors and switches and the aftermarket ones just hanging loose outta the doors as a temp measure!