Sign in to follow this  
Danny B

Cobra Alarms......whos had one ?

Right I'm thinking of getting a Cobra 4138 cat 1 alarm for the corrado.......anyone had experience of it ?

All comments on alarm talk welcome......or any other talk for that matter :D

Used to have a Cobra on my old G60 which I owned for 18 months. Aside from a duff sensor which was fixed very early on in the time I owned it, it was impeccably behaved. And in fact I think it's Cobra's which TrimWizard fits - and he's very very highly regarded. So I reckon you can't go too wrong with a Cobra tbh! :)

Used to have a Cobra on my old G60 which I owned for 18 months. Aside from a duff sensor which was fixed very early on in the time I owned it, it was impeccably behaved. And in fact I think it's Cobra's which TrimWizard fits - and he's very very highly regarded. So I reckon you can't go too wrong with a Cobra tbh! :)

....Yes I have been speaking to Andy at Trim wizard and currently negotiating price as I live a little out of his catchment area......but before I went ahead I thought it might be worth a quick post to see if anyone has actually had experience of that alarm or similar.

He wants £345 notes, what do think ?

I hated mine... Crappy fobs that dont work from any distance...

Get a toad ai606...

If I could get an alarm fitted for £250 by a cowboy, or £350 for someone who knows the cars really well and has glowing endorsements from lots of other Corrado owners, I'd take the £350 option every time. It is a lot of money I admit but for peace of mind in terms of a quality alarm and a good quality install, it has to be a no brainer.

....Yes I have been speaking to Andy at Trim wizard and currently negotiating price as I live a little out of his catchment area......but before I went ahead I thought it might be worth a quick post to see if anyone has actually had experience of that alarm or similar.

Rip his arm off....

If I could get an alarm fitted for £250 by a cowboy, or £350 for someone who knows the cars really well and has glowing endorsements from lots of other Corrado owners, I'd take the £350 option every time. It is a lot of money I admit but for peace of mind in terms of a quality alarm and a good quality install, it has to be a no brainer.

Jim I knew you was going to say that which to be honest is exactly what I think.

Rip his arm off....

Yeah.....you think thats a good price then ?

I hated mine... Crappy fobs that dont work from any distance...

Get a toad ai606...

Yes from Memory my mechanic has recommended a Toad and I've had one before years ago that was good.

Did you have that particular cobra model Abdul ?

when i got a new Cat1 and Andy installed it he went for a 7928 iirc. that might be discontinued now (it was about 3 years ago) possibly hence his recommendation for something different. think i paid around £300 (fitted at his house) but i got free sandwiches for lunch while i was there waiting while he installed it!

£345 for a newer system a couple of years later seems ok to me

when i got a new Cat1 and Andy installed it he went for a 7928 iirc. that might be discontinued now (it was about 3 years ago) possibly hence his recommendation for something different. think i paid around £300 (fitted at his house) but i got free sandwiches for lunch while i was there waiting while he installed it!

:lol: ....I've offered him cups of tea and bacon sandwich for lunch if he comes to mine. Yeah its £295 at his house - but it will cost me £30 odd in petrol to get down there and back - so I figure save on the hassle and get him up here as he seems ok with that !!

EDIT : £345 by the way is fitted outside my house

:lol: ....I've offered him cups of tea and bacon sandwich for lunch if he comes to mine. Yeah its £295 at his house - but it will cost me £30 odd in petrol to get down there and back - so I figure save on the hassle and get him up here as he seems ok with that !!

EDIT : £345 by the way is fitted outside my house

When I had mine done he did it at my office for £295 and the day after I had a fault when at home and he came out at about half nine at night, stayed around 2 hours and found the fault which was an electrical short and not even his issue... Charge to me for the extra work when not his fault... Some cups of tea and a good chinwag about Corrados..... Top bloke!

Right had Andy from Trim wizard fit a cobra alarm yesterday.......thanks for the recommendation everyone, he is a very nice bloke and done a very neat and tidy job.

:salute: :salute:

aha! it was you he'd come into town to see! almost had to have him come and look at mine but turned out just to be a fuse :)

aha! it was you he'd come into town to see! almost had to have him come and look at mine but turned out just to be a fuse :)

Yeah he said he was suppose to be seeing someone else but cancelled :lol:

He must know Corrado's inside out - he's done so many! I was always aiming to get my 16V a new alarm fitted and it would definitely have been done by him.. but never got around to it!