Sign in to follow this  
dbug

sunroof tilt but no slide ?? quick fix in here !

evening all,

thought i would share a fix that i did this evening on my sunroof that has quickly and very cheaply fixed a problem with the sunroof on my valver - sorry if its a repost but not seen this mentioned before :D

my roof would happily tilt and start to slide but would stop suddenly after dropping the rear edge down.

today i washed the car and p :censored: ed off with a leaking sunroof soaking my inner headlining i pulled the centre of the sunroof back to 'look' how it was leaking. the whole lining moved backwards into the headlining opening up the mechanism of the sliding rails and various lift parts of the sunroof.

at the rear of the slider ( both sides ) is a silver rocking bar that engages into the slider and pulls the roof to the rear of the car.

on the back edge of this rocker is a small rubber foot - like a small o ring that in my case had been flatened on the bottom and therefore was not holding the rocker in the correct position to allow it to drop into the slider.

i removed the old o ring and replaced it with a peice of windscreen washer tube ( it has a similar centre bore to the original part ) and hey presto a sliding roof.

cost me nothing but time to fix - and didn't have to remove the sunroof frame from car to make it work - bonus.

Mitch

Hoorah. My symptoms are similar to yours. Hopefully the fix on mine will be just as easy and as fruitfull. Good show that man.