Sign in to follow this  
Gangstarr

Custom bumper ......

Has anyone had a go at moding a bumper , ime gunna have a try . ive always thought that rados look a bit front heavy with the lights & indicators i was thinkin of sourcing some decent fog lights any suggestions welcome , maybe some mk2 indicators as they are a lot smaller or relay the indicator into the side lights . ile post some pics up when i get on with it , advice suggestions ......

Got my bumper the other day started preping it give it a good sand & filled it then a nice coat of plastic primer , just waiting for my plastic welding rods from fleebay.

As per request and i agree , here is a pic after a coat of primer not very exciting i know

Corrado92.pdf006.JPG[/attachment:3twsck5s]

I havent made my mind up about the indicators yet here are a few optionspassat climatronic wiring diags.pdf!Bj22F2QBGk~$(KGrHqEH-CUEsLJy88zuBLVKN-ND8w~~_12[1].jpg[/attachment:3twsck5s]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfA2-110.1[1].jpg[/attachment:3twsck5s]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfA2-121-1[1].jpg[/attachment:3twsck5s]

file[1].jpeg[/attachment:3twsck5s]

I should mention that ime going to be putting some inro lights on the silver ones and my rado is dark blue so thats why ime siding towards the smoked indicators as far as the fogs go ime not 100% if ime putting any on , anyone know if its an m.o.t fail if you remove them ??

I'm talking about spain legislation, but I think front fogs aren't a must. I.e. some new cars don't have them. The ones that you must have are rears (and only One, the second one is optional).

I wouldn't personally reduce the space of the front fog+turning lights. I think it looks crappy because one of the good points of the corrado is that headlights are the same width as the fog+indicator. Just my personal opinion though ;)

however, it's your car and it's you the one who has to like it :)

go ahead with the job if you like it, and post some pictures please 8)

My first attempt failed .... must have been the wrong plastic . Ime gunna have another bash when i get a chance anone had a mess about with fiberglass , ive watched a few episodes of "Pimp my Ride " & i used to watch Blue Peter. is this a good idea .... ? ime begining to wonder .

fiberglass will crack sooner or later. welded plastic will last forever if well done

from what i know from guys in sprayshop and a thread on here you should use a plastic off another bumper , not to sure bout filler depth though ,need to check this, to deep n crackin will occur , but even if done by the book it can still start to show over time specialy if you have a hard ride .