Sign in to follow this  
mr lobitos

manifold swap

have just received polished manifold from quicky for vr,when i'm changing would you advise on changing anything else while i'm at it (sensors etc).also,COME ON ENGLAND :clap: :clap: :clap:

The TB and manifold gaskets are metal and last really well, as long as they look good with a clean up I wouldn't bother.

I've had 6 different mani's on my car and never had a problem, easy job, I know it's obvious but just make sure you don't drop anything down the open inlets when it's off.

thanks for that,is there anything that can be done to the manifold and throttle body for power gains whilst there off ? have seen newsouth powergasket advertised at awesome,worth the outlay?

Newsouth powergasket is a good piece of kit but a bit of a pig to fit as it goes between the head and lower manifold which is a lot more work, unless of course you've got a polished lower bit to fit too.

You'll hear people warble on about them not being reliable but that was ages ago, Awesome stock the Powergasket Plus now which is fine.

You can mess about with porting and polishing but I wouldn't bother personally, Bigbore TB's make a good difference but I'd pay a proffessional to do it.

I fitted a plastic rocker cover and covered the underside of the mani with DEI cool tape n mine whilst it was off to aid cooling, does make a difference.

To give you an idea I've done all the above along with a 13 row Mocal, With a stage 2 Supercharger, no aquamist, no intercooler, and I just had to drive from London to Dorset with no fans working unfortunately...Oil was 86c, Water was 75c, all helps! :)

you've got me thinking now,has anyone got a plastic rocker cover and throttle body (not plastic).use my c as daily so couldn't afford for it to be off road whilst tb attended to,also can you recommend anybody to carry out work,cheers :shrug:

Not sure on the TB I'm afraid, I know Kev (Haywire) had a really good one a long long while a go and knows the name of someone but it might not be too relevent now.