Sign in to follow this  
rob1234

Is this a good deal?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-CORRADO-UP-RATED-SPRINGS-AND-SHOCKS-H-R-SPRINGS-/260574308768?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cab7069a0#ht_1018wt_913

Thoughts?

I really like how my C drives, especially considering I do a lot of bumpy B-roads. However, from a purely aesthetic point of view, I would like a bit less arch gap! For a small budget, is something like the above the way forward?

Or is it possible to get some aftermarket (-30mm-ish) springs with a similar spring rate to the OEM ones?

Cheers!

not really clear what the shocks are from that description and my H&R springs are green so the blue ones in the pic are a bit confusing too.

i have a set of brand new PI springs that drop about 35mm if you want them - not sure how they work with standard dampers but i'm sure you could find someone thats tried the combination.

Well those shocks are uprated meaning that they will be a bit firmer. I think the H&R springs will fit over the OE springs which should give you the effect your after

Well those shocks are uprated meaning that they will be a bit firmer. I think the H&R springs will fit over the OE springs which should give you the effect your after

what do you mean "fit over the oe springs"??

what do you mean "fit over the oe springs"??

You can buy H&R lowering springs only that mate with the OE shocks... The springs determine your ride height and the shocks determine the comfort/stability. But as dukest pointed out those springs seem to be matched to those uprated shocks therefore prob wont work with your OE shocks.

If you like the ride in your car now as it is then I would suggest that you just buy a set of H&r lowering springs and fit them over your own shocks. This will keep your ride quality as close as you possibly can to original but with a 30mm drop

To answer your question as per topic, yes it looks a good deal :)