Sign in to follow this  
Jonny777

A Weird Question...

Right, basically guys i've had problems with my track rod's. I was told by a Mechanic who was tracking the car that my car was too low as the track rods were far too close to the body of the car. He said there was only a fingers width and there was evidence of the track rod touching the body and that this was dangerous. I can only agree if it is actually touching as it could cause a snap.

There are people with lower Corrado's than me on here i'm sure, has anyone heard of this problem with lowering them? I know its obv changing the way the suspension/body sits etc so its going to be different but i've never ever heard that it could happen. I've heard about Driveshaft rubbing, never track rods!

If anyone could give me any info on whether they've seen this before or if there are cars are particularly low and not have to worry about these that would be great!

get a picture of the offending item up.

not convinced myself. never been a problem for me

Get a tie rod flip kit that lets them bolt in from the bottom instead. It will drop them about 2", reduce bump steer, and give you some more clearance to the body :)

There's a thread about them here: http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=88393

There was someone selling them on ebay a bit back, but I can't find the listing now. Blackforest Industries and SCCH in the US sell them though, and shipping should be cheap enough.

:cat: