Sign in to follow this  
g6tgazc

How to remove head-lining

Hi there, the headling in my Corrado is very tatty so was thinking of replacing it but is it a big job to remove/swap??

Cheers

Did this not long back. Its a trick job as the headlining is VERY thin. Its held in by the seal around the sunroof and various trim pieces around it (Sun visors, ABC pillars, rear trim). We removed most of the trim, held the ABC pillars down and slid it out of the boot. Not sure if this is correct but it worked for us :?

Did this not long back. Its a trick job as the headlining is VERY thin. Its held in by the seal around the sunroof and various trim pieces around it (Sun visors, ABC pillars, rear trim). We removed most of the trim, held the ABC pillars down and slid it out of the boot. Not sure if this is correct but it worked for us :?

That's the way I do it too.

how do you remove the sunroof trim? I'm afraid of bending this or putting irreversible kinks in it :shrug: :shrug:

horizontally. getting it off is easy. getting it back on is tricky. its like the black door seal. always seems too long to fit :censored:

Cheers, thanks!!

If i decided to take the A,B,C pillar trims off do they just pop off or what, I was afarid of breaking them!!

horizontally. getting it off is easy. getting it back on is tricky. its like the black door seal. always seems too long to fit :censored:

thanks for that - car was boiling inside today, which meant the trim piece came off more easily, the rubber was nice and pliable. You're right though, it was still pretty tough to remove, looks like some adhesive was used around the join as the rest just pulled off nice and easily.