Sign in to follow this  
Mawrick

What sizes and what speakers to get ? (95 VR6)

What size of speakers fit in the following places:

Door

dashboard

and rear wings.

And any tips on what speakers that's good for a C.

I'm not just after "base" - but generally an overall good speaker - for pretty much all type of music...;)

Doors - 5.25 inch

Dash - 4 inch hole, but factory fit speaker is a tweeter in a plastic plate.

Rears - 6x4 inch oval.

I'd recommend buying a set of comps, and mount the tweeter in the factory plate - cut a hole where the factory tweet was. Ideally you want to replace the doorpods so you can fit 6.5 inch mid-basses (or bigger!! :eek: ) but so long as you make sure the speakers have a decent seal against the hole in the doorpod, they'll be a huge improvement on the stock speakers. Personally I wouldn't bother with rears, but there's plenty of options out there if you want.

Brand wise, DLS and Rainbow are among those well regarded for sound quality, and JBL are hard to beat for value for money if you're on a budget.

The Oem one is already out I think but I can't say I recognise the speakers in it at the moment (other then a MDS subwofer - although I don't know much about that either - but I'v heard the name before...;) ).

Are these sizes something I would find directly out of f.ec Pioneer's sortement ? (or any other makers).

Also the rear one is some "nokia" speakers - are these OEM speakers ?

Yeah, they're standard sizes, most car audio companies should have something suitable - if the oem tweeters are gone then it's easy enough to knock up a bracket to hold a tweeter, or get some tweets to cut up from a scrapped mk3 golf or mk4 polo - they're the same thing as is in the C's dash.

The nokia speakers in the rear are the standard ones - if you replace them you may have to cut some of the plastic underneath away, as the nokias have tiny magnets!!

Yeah, they're standard sizes, most car audio companies should have something suitable - if the oem tweeters are gone then it's easy enough to knock up a bracket to hold a tweeter, or get some tweets to cut up from a scrapped mk3 golf or mk4 polo - they're the same thing as is in the C's dash.

The nokia speakers in the rear are the standard ones - if you replace them you may have to cut some of the plastic underneath away, as the nokias have tiny magnets!!

Alright will the speakers from a 35i Passat dash be the same - as I think there are some phoenix goldones in my spare parts passat......