somersetdub

Somersetdub's Aqua Blue VR6

Here's my 1993 Aqua Blue Vr6, which I've had for around six months which I have been gradually repairing/improving/giving lots of tlc...

P1000502Cropped-1.jpg

P1000500.jpg

P1000514.jpg

Since I've owned it, I've fitted:-

New rear axle bushes (Gen VW)

288mm Brake upgrade (Awesome upgrade)

Mk4 rear calipers, genuine discs, handbrake cables, goodridge hoses etc

Momo Race steering wheel, Momo gear knob

Just had the whole front end resprayed

New track rod ends, wheel bearings all round

The car already had:-

Koni adjustables all round

Full Magnex stainless system

Ram air filter

17" alloys (League)

Edited by somersetdub

Next on the list is to sort the abs light that has just decided to come on!

I'm near Yeovil... Yes in Somerrrrset!

Unfortunately not no, it's permanent! So annoying, I've posted a thread in the drivetrain section... Where abouts are you then??

ABS light sorted! Turned out to be a dirty connection on one of the wires connecting to the pump!! What a result, I really thought I was gonna end up having to buy a new abs pump.

ABS light sorted! Turned out to be a dirty connection on one of the wires connecting to the pump!! What a result, I really thought I was gonna end up having to buy a new abs pump.

Sorted! :thumbleft:

Thanks! Looking even shinier now as I clay bar'd and waxed it the other day! - I posted a pic on the 'what I did today' thread about a week ago.

Would really like to get some bbs's or similar for it at some point

A long while since I have added to this thread, but many miles of happy Corrado ownership!

I got rid of the 17" wheels some months ago and I'm so glad I did. The car drives, rides and handles sooo much better on 15s!

[ATTACH]50753[/ATTACH]

The other more recent addition is a set of electric black leather recaros, which I have been on the look out for for years. I found a tatty vr6 on fleabay with the interior locally, so I bought the whole car and swapped the interiors including power and heating looms. It was a fairly big task and my hands ended up covered in cuts and scratches (mainly from doing the looms), but I think it was worth it :-)

[ATTACH]50754[/ATTACH]

Lovely interior. There's just something special about the Recaro's that lifts the cabin. Looks great and definitely worth the cut hands. Merry Christmas :)

Nice interrior to your Corrado. Surely looks better and more well built inside, so it fits the outside. And nice colour on your Corrado too.

I recently bought a grey set. Restoring it now. But I want the black version, because it makes the car look so much more sporty and tough, plus the added benefit of nothing disturbing your view/vision/sight when all is black. ps: my Corrado is flashred.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Nice interrior to your Corrado. Surely looks better and more well built inside, so it fits the outside. And nice colour on your Corrado too.

I recently bought a grey set. Restoring it now. But I want the black version, because it makes the car look so much more sporty and tough, plus the added benefit of nothing disturbing your view/vision/sight when all is black. ps: my Corrado is flashred.

Cheers,

Redfox.

If you're restoring them then, by most accounts, it's not much more effort to recolour them to black.

Thanks Redfox, yeah I think it looks loads better now. The shape of the recaros definitely suits the Corrado. I was quite happy with the original interior, but the recaros are just so much sportier.

I just checked out your thread, looks like you're doing a great job with your grey interior. I didn't have any door card damage on mine, but the leather had come unstuck in a few places, so I used a hot glue gun to restick it.

5ahe7a9e.jpg

Well it's been a long time again since posting on here and this morning rather impulsively i decided to make a start on replacing the engine on my Corrado.

I bought a zero miles Vege engine from Rob on here around a year ago now (believed to be the last fully built engine they produced) and have since been meaning to do the swap, but in that time have had my first child and she has kept me very busy! Also, the existing engine has been running great, so there hasn't been much incentive to swap.

I have actually been very seriously considering selling the car recently as I haven't been driving it much and fancied a change, but decided I didn't think I would get what I want for it.

Anyway, today was the day and I started stripping and the engine is now pretty much ready to come out!

So far I have found that one of the front crossmember bolts was missing! The oil pressure switch was snapped at its connection, I have found plenty of tired looking clips and bolts etc.

Another issue is that the engine loom at some time has obviously corroded at the multi plug and has been repaired by soldering all the wires, meaning that I had to remove the whole engine loom bit by bit and throw it all to one side.

If anyone has an obd1 engine loom complete, I might be interested!

The plan is to completely strip the front end and get everything I can powder coated or painted or replaced so that everything is fresh when it goes back together :)